Sign in to follow this  
dman

High speed 7.0.1 ratio (?)

when is a good time to use this....I know people talk about burning a spinnerbait but what else.....I have a chance to get a new Curado E for very cheap but im not sure if this gear ratio is good for anything else...I need a reel for my topwater rod for Buzzbaits and things but just wasnt sure if this would work well with other baits and walking the dog - etc.

Sure, it will work fine with anything. Just personal preference, the only thing it wouldnt work well for is Crankbaits, just because you will tend to reel it in to fast. Will be great for buzzbaits.

When the burners came out it was mainly used buy jig, and t-rig anglers to turn the fish's head quickly and get the fish out of the weeds, grass mats, stumps faster, and, also for tourney anglers to get an empty jig/lure back to the boat faster to cover more water......

Tight Lines!!!!  

Works just fine for everything. I have a PT "Burner" reel on my deep crankbait rod. No problems; just have to crank it slower.

Picks up slack like faster for your jigs and such. Get the reel, you won't regret it.

X2 on that, awesome reel.

Later, B)

very good for topwater, and bottom bouncing baits

I have a core 7.1 and 2 curado e7's. The core i use for t-rigging and frogs. One e7 i use for spinnerbaits/buzzbaits and the other i use for trebles (crankbaits/jerkbaits/topwater). The difference between a 6.2 or a 7.1 is generally from what the shimano website states 2 to 3 inches line retrieve. Seems easier to slow down than to speed up. Get the E7 you wont regret it.

Thank you for all the replies!   I decided to give it a shot - though i wont get a chance to use it until next week....I have a Gloomis spinnerbait rod that i also like to use for my topwaters so its going to be paired with that rod and now i can finally take off that god forsaken quantum energy pt i currently have polluting that rod  B)

Works just fine for everything. I have a PT "Burner" reel on my deep crankbait rod. No problems; just have to crank it slower.

X2. Most of my reels are burners. I don't buy into the slow gear ratio for crankbaits. Just slow down your retrieve. Speed is there when you need it. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.