Sign in to follow this  
Use ONLY Stren

Revo S, Pflueger Asaro, Johnny Morris series.

I need a reel to put on rod im going to be using for carolina rigging and some pitching. Price range around 130.00 I was thinking about revo S, Asaro, JM sig. series. Any thoughts or any other recommendations.

Out of those three i would pick the Revos S. It is very smooth, incredible drag system for fishing cover and the brakes are not as hard to adjust as the other Revos.

I aint feeling the Asaaro, and I dont think it's long for the lineup. I use Pflueger Trions and the Presidents are at 129.00. I have no experience with the other reels you mentioned.

you can't go wrong with the revo S, I have one and will be getting a few more in the next couple of weeks.

plus, being that you're in ft.pierce, if you get it and don'tlike it, I'll take it off your hands for ya.

Of the three, I would say the revo... I have an Asaro and it's ok but I feel the revo would hold up a little better, like muddy said, it's probably not gonna be around long.  I would also suggest the President for that price.  if you've got a little extra, take a look at the Quantum Catalyst as well.

The Revo S is a great reel, I wouldn't pay list price though, buy one from Ebay and save yourself $$.

The JM sig reels are outstanding but slightly large and heavy.  

I have no experience with the Asaro.  I'm with muddy though, that reel just doesn't seem to fit into the Pflueger line.