Sign in to follow this  
MichiganFisherman

Spinning Reel for around $50

I want your opinion on what the best spinning reel is in my price range. I'm looking at the Pflueger president 6735x and it sounds like a good reel for the money. The Daiwa regal-xia 1500 also sounds nice... maybe even nicer than the pflueger..  What do you think?

I have heard great things about the president, check ebay. You might be able to find a Shimano sahara for that price or a symetre.

The President is an excellent reel.

In todays market most reels even in that price range are pretty decent. I would not recommend one over another, what I like you may not.  What I would recommend is how to buy it. Be informed, see it in person first, see if your "eye" likes it, check to see if you like the drag, ease of maintenance and give it a good once over.  Try to avoid buying one. in a blister pack.

Recommendations are only personal preferences, they may or may not be the best value.  I own many of the major brands and for the most part I like every one of them.

Right side of this page, click on "View All Sponsors". In that list is "Overstock Bait & Tackle". They are offering a Shimano Sahara for $49.00. You just can't beat that buy in my opinion.