Sign in to follow this  
drop-shot fool

Any 5:1 gear ratio reels out there for less than $100

I don't wont to spend a lot of money for a cranking reel because i don't throw cranks a whole lot.  I would like a low gear ratio reel for when i do use them though.

Abu garcia 4600 c-3 its a tank and easy to maintain,Its all i use for crankin

Pflueger PFLTrionLPCR exactly 100 bucks. I have one and I really love this reel , here is a link:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?id=0011735116476a&navCount=1&podId=0011735&parentId=cat20331&masterpathid=&navAction=jump&cmCat=MainCatcat20166-cat20331&catalogCode=IK&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat20331&hasJS=true

There are 2 Quantums at that ratio for sale for like 40 bucks now on the Flea Market also

Abu 5500C3

What's the lightest weight you can toss with it without issue? Just might get one once I know.

I use a Cardiff. They have a 5.x to something. However the price of a C3 is enticing.

Pflueger PFLTrionLPCR exactly 100 bucks. I have one and I really love this reel , here is a link:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?id=0011735116476a&navCount=1&podId=0011735&parentId=cat20331&masterpathid=&navAction=jump&cmCat=MainCatcat20166-cat20331&catalogCode=IK&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat20331&hasJS=true

There are 2 Quantums at that ratio for sale for like 40 bucks now on the Flea Market also

x2.  The Pfluger Trion will be your best bet.

This is the crankbait reel I have and it works great for me.

x2. The Pfluger Trion will be your best bet.

This is the crankbait reel I have and it works great for me.

x3..basspro also has the dave fritts crankn reel,thats an option to.extreme is good though to but id go pflueger

Abu garcia 4600 c-3 its a tank and easy to maintain,Its all i use for crankin

X1,000 I totally agree. the c3 4600 is what I use for DD22's and such. They work great and are built tough and last forever.

I've got a BPS David Fritts 5.2:1 that I use for crankin.  I've had it since Christmas and I have caught over 150 bass so far.  Love this reel!! Every now and then they go on sale for 69.99 and when it does  I will pick up a 6.3:1.  "This reel cast a honkin mile!"

Guest beowulfx71

Lookl on ebay for a Trion, I just got a new one for $85 shipped to my door, casts better than my old Abus.

BPS Fritts Crankin reel. I think it's $89.00.

Friend of mine has one and you can throw a 1/4 oz crank a mile.

I'm waiting for them to go on sale and grab one myself.