Sign in to follow this  
okiefisher8

yo zuri and lake fork

I went in to bps today and couldnt find any of the ultrasoft.  One of the guys told me to go with the lake fork line in 8lb test...does anyone know how that would compare to the yo zuri?  Also, would you use 8lb or 10lb test on a symetre 2500?  I'm sorry if this has been posted before, I searched and tried to find something similar and couldnt find it.

Thanks

its an all around rod but I mainly fish with worms, buzzbaits, and crankbaits.  Ive used the ten pound pline and the memory was horrible. but at the same time I am using the 8lb  trilene sensation and the knots do not hold up and it just feels so brittle when casting.  So I am just not quite sure what to go for any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

on spinning pline cxx is nasty with line memory,i stick with yozuri,original trilene i also have some maxima that is pretty good,but i just grabed some daiwa steez fluoro for my spinning rigs and i like it alot.my buddy uses daiwa samurai braid on his spinning and he swears by it,its SUPER soft almost feels like silk and he has excellent hook up ratios.

p line ccx is nasty on any reel. If the lake fork line is anything like their  baits I would avoid at all costs.

I think im gonna go with the yo zuri ultrasoft unless anyone has any other suggestions.  What lb test would you suggest?

Use 8lb.  

Spinning tackle:

Yo-Zuri Hybrid or Hybrid Ultra Soft #6 (.010" diameter, 11.9 breaking strength).

8-)

#6 or #8

I also do not think BPS carries UltraSoft, but I could be wrong. I know for sure in the two Chicago stores they do not. I do know that Cabelas carries UltraSoft, but does not carry the plain ole Hybrid.