BenoBreath

Revo S vs Revo SX

Is there a big difference between these two models, besides

the # of bearings.

Would it be worth it to pay the extra 30.00-40.00 to upgrade to

the sx, instead of the s ?

THANKS ! ;)

BB

Yes, it is worth the money. The braking systen on the sx is much better. Im sure the s is good, but I would go for the sx

i'm with rubba bubba. i had a revo S and two SXs and i liked the S more. the S's centrifugal braking system was far more manageable and consistent. i really liked how the SXs looked though...the black paint job was just plain good-lookin'.

I have owned some STX's, and an SC. I can say that I bought the S because I was not a fan of the mag brakes. I think that the 6 pin braking system on the S is great. I had a major problem with backlashes with the STX's and SC. I would go with the S.

The mag brake on the SX is a little   in the wind, you don't even have to have wind, if someone sneezes in your general direction you are gonna get a nest.

after using both id buy the S. they are so much more user friendly.

If you know how to adjust the SX brakes properly or take the time to learn, it is well worth the upgrade. It is a much smoother reel and looks SEXY too!!!!

SX all day.  The mag brakes are cool with me.  Just adjust them for the wind.  SX & STX=two best reels under $200 dollars IMHO.

I fished my SX and SC Revo's into a 25-30 mph wind all day last Saturday and only had one backlash that required more than a couple short strips.  I think the Revo mag brakes work great.  I don't have the S to compare to but I'd likely pass it by for another SX....I really like my SX!!

I've owned S reels (still do), SC, SX and STX.  Of all of those, the SX were the most finicky for casting.  They literally had one sweet spot on them depending on the lure and if you were off, it was backlash or line loop city.  Totally unforgiving reel.  

If you know how to adjust the SX brakes properly or take the time to learn, it is well worth the upgrade. It is a much smoother reel and looks SEXY too!!!!

so true