Sign in to follow this  
Crowcommander

New Curado E5 and E7s

Has any one used these reels enough to form an opinion? I just sold 2 Jap Curados at Gun show and want to order 2 of each ratio. Any help appreciated. Crowcommander

A week now for me with the Curado E7.  I've sold all my Revo SXs because these E7s cast like a dream and have little issues when in the wind.  I just hope they last now.  

I have been using the E7 for a few months now and have used the D's for years. Shimano hit a homerun with the new Curados. They cast as good as the D's and are a bit smoother on retrieve. They cast light weights well if paired with the right rod. Believe it or not I have yet to backlash the E7.

been using E7's since January...  they are well worth the cost of admission.  I think they are one of the better reels in the $150-$160 range. (which is easy to find)

Have one of each, E7 on a flipping stick and E5 on a deep crank rod.  The E5 sees way more action and is very good for it's job.  No problem throwing most cranks without adjustment, smaller cranks require a bump in brakes but for the most part the brakes go untouched.  Both are great reels and well worth the sticker price.

I have been using the E5 since day one of this fishing season. All I can say is that its great, it cast a mile, feels great and works great. I'm looking to get another one for a soft plastics set up. I would highly recommend it  :)

I have been using the E7 for a few months now and have used the D's for years. Shimano hit a homerun with the new Curados. They cast as good as the D's and are a bit smoother on retrieve. They cast light weights well if paired with the right rod. Believe it or not I have yet to backlash the E7.

Hey Uncle Leo, I cant rember to well but I think I bought one of your Curado 200D's las summer....and often thought of upgrading to the E7, but everywhere I turn makes me point back to the D I currently throw, is there that much of a difference?

thnks.

I've had an E7 for almost a year now and an E5 since December. They have both held up perfectly and are just as smooth as they were when I bought them.

Hey Uncle Leo, I cant rember to well but I think I bought one of your Curado 200D's las summer....and often thought of upgrading to the E7, but everywhere I turn makes me point back to the D I currently throw, is there that much of a difference?

thnks.

Yes you did it was the 5.1-1 have you a good deal as I recall. The E is much lighter and sets lower in the seat that 200D does not compare when casting Light baits.

been using E7's since January... they are well worth the cost of admission. I think they are one of the better reels in the $150-$160 range. (which is easy to find)

what he said.

Just got back from Point Pleasant NJ with my 201e7 on a kistler flippin stick and I will say they hold up to numerous 40# stripers and the also had as much as 8oz of weight on them to hold bottom flounder fishing perfect I must say. I have a few 101D also I use bass fishing normally and the few striper trips and all I can say is oil, grease and done you'll never buy another reel.

thnks.

Yes you did it was the 5.1-1 have you a good deal as I recall. The E is much lighter and sets lower in the seat that 200D does not compare when casting Light baits.

Thanks, I thought I grabbed one from you, yeah it was great deal now that I think of it :)

I dont throw light bait with that set-up and no issues with its size, so I guess I'll just stick with her.

Thanks Uncle Leo

I've had them since they were introduced and think they're absolutely fantastic reels.  I've torture tested them with lots of heavy grass and nice fish, larger hybrids and stripers as well.  The Dartanium drag system is one of the nicest stock drag stacks on the market these days...

Good Post. I have around 100 bucks worth of BPS gift cards and now I know what I'm going to use them on :).

Thanks for all your input.The little brown truck should be driving up the drive tommorrow. I feel like a 8 year old waiting for Christmas.I love this forum because folks are so eager to give advice and opinions. Crowcommander

Thanks for all your input.The little brown truck should be driving up the drive tommorrow. I feel like a 8 year old waiting for Christmas.I love this forum because folks are so eager to give advice and opinions. Crowcommander

Yeah, we 're good at spending other people 's money. :)