Sign in to follow this  
tentimesover

Glue to secure loose line guide

I have a BPS Bionic Blade rod that I use for bait casting and one of the line guides has loosened.  The guide is in good shape but it slides up and down the rod and gets out of line with the other guides.  What type of glue can I use to secure the guide on the rod again?

Thanks in advance!

I have a BPS Bionic Blade rod that I use for bait casting and one of the line guides has loosened.  The guide is in good shape but it slides up and down the rod and gets out of line with the other guides.  What type of glue can I use to secure the guide on the rod again?

Thanks in advance!

There isn't a glue. Super Glue will not resolve your problem as it isn't flexible or water proof.

You need to have the guide re-wrapped and re-finished. Find a local rod builder or tackle shop that can do rod tip/guide repair.....

No other way that isn't just a mickey mouse bandade on your rod..........

Good Luck & Tight Lines!!!

I have had this happen to me. I fixed it by supergluing the guide back in it's proper position then re-wrapping it (got the thread from Dick's) and then painting the wrapping with nailpolish. May not be pretty, but it has held up for me. If your not handy, heed Reel Mechanics advice.

If the guide isn't bent out of shape it will work for a little while. I would pony up a few bucks and get it fixed.

Cost but a few bucks to have it fixed by a professional, however superglue will work.  The wrapping is good idea, and 20lb braid my fit the bill

A sidebar.......I magged an Avet with rare earth mags, used super glue.  I  wanted to remove them.  I soaked it in water for several days and the bond was still rock solid.

EJ, Fletch and Alpster, 3 of the rod builders here, as well as Reel Mech have always suggested a rewrap, the 2  that I needed solved my problem. Superglue fixits that my friends have done, no matter how carefully always ended with them getting the rods re wrapped anyway