Sign in to follow this  
bnwcrankin

My custom painted shaky head reel!!!

Decided to try painting a reel again. This was a gold quantum accurist before I started. Sorry for the horrible pic's. Sun's gone and had to take them on the desk with a light bulb. Tried to stick with something simple. After tearing the whole reel apart (I mean every spring,screw, c-clip, etc) I thought I was going to have to ship part's to a reel repair shop for some serious help! I got it back together ok (with no spare parts,lol) and it look's really awesome! Here's some pictures....

100_0704.jpg

100_0703.jpg

Looks pretty cool, man. Also looks like a lot of work

That has to be one of the coolest paint jobs I've seen on a reel.  Good job!

That has to be one of the coolest paint jobs I've seen on a reel. Good job!

That's quite a complement coming from you  ;D

Looks great btw. Wish I had the patience and equipment to do something like that

not a huge fan of the color (just not my taste) but that pattern is awesome. Very nice paint job.

That is amazing! I was wondering if you can fill us in on the paints (ie, brand) used. I want to repaint my pflueger trion in a green lantern scheme, but I want use the same paint and clear finish you used.

An airbrush, I take it, too? thanks!

Great Job and the reel looks really good and wish I had the patience and talent to do a couple of my reels myself.

That is just pure sick!

Id love to see it in light shades of brown/green so it would really look like a snake.

That is amazing! I was wondering if you can fill us in on the paints (ie, brand) used. I want to repaint my pflueger trion in a green lantern scheme, but I want use the same paint and clear finish you used.

An airbrush, I take it, too? thanks!

lol.. Just createx airbrush paint's I mixed up. I was actually going for a shimano pearl green but settled on the blue. Came out pretty cool I've done one other back when I first stared painting. I painted a bluegill on it and didn't really like it so figured I'll settle on something a little less difficult this time.

Thanks. The junk airbrush that I have is capable of doing non-detailed oriented painting. I am going to pick up some some green and black for the Green Lantern Theme.

Oh yeah. What type of top coat did you use to protect the paint job?