Sign in to follow this  
Raul

What you know about Quarrow Rods ?

Any takers ?

I ask cuz in Spain they are big and Spanish anglers for what I know think very highly about them. Interesting because in Europe what we consider exotic ( Megabass, Evergreen, etc ) is everyday bread and butter, for them exotic is our daily bread and butter ( GLoomis, St.Croix, etc ).

Any takers ?

I ask cuz in Spain they are big and Spanish anglers for what I know think very highly about them. Interesting because in Europe what we consider exotic ( Megabass, Evergreen, etc ) is everyday bread and butter, for them exotic is our daily bread and butter ( GLoomis, St.Croix, etc ).

Raul, its like the south of the border thing to people in the US and others around the world, if its not native then its exotic.

I wonder if people in germany think a chevy is a cool import like we do a bmw of if they just think its a POS like some do in the US.

Sorry for being off topic, just couldn't resist.

Any takers ?

Raul,

Did you read this.....

http://www.bassresource.com/fishing_lures/Quarrow.html

I never even heard of these rods.Somehow even missed the article here about it too.Some of those rods look like they are sturdy enough to handle BIG swimbaits the way they are rated.

Yeah, I read it RM, the reason why I ask is this: I 'm a moderator at the Spanish Bass Forum ( Spainbass ) and sometimes forum members ask me about what rod I can recommend, many of those times they ask me about a particular model or line of Quarrow rods and ......there I am with the Whiskey Tango Fire face  :-/, what can I say about something I 'm absolutely not familiar with ?

So being BR the forum with most members I know I hope that somebody has tried them rods and can gimme an opinion.

i have a Quarrow Green Country rod with a Sol mounted on it that is my fav. shallow crank rod. it is a bit of a heavy stick bit with  the Sol it really cast those light baits well.

I have a ML3 6' mh pistol grip I like for worms and jigs .It is light and sensitive .I 'd say it is as good as an Avid.The handle took a little getting used to. I like the pistol grip but the trigger has sort of sharp edges. I have a Falcon "old favorite" that is similar.It is 6' mh pistol grip too. The ml3 quarrow is lighter and just feels better . The falcon is an original model so it is a lower grade graphite probably more like a premier .I use St Croix in comparison because I own a few of those too. I think the thing that most hurt Quarrow was the stupid sounding name.It sounds kind of *****-o. I had a Quarrow fly rod but I sold it before I used it much . I think they made good rods ,but could have used a little help in the marketing department.

I have a Quarrow spinning rod.  It is light and pretty sensitive.  I have heard bad things about their service but I have not had to deal with them.

It is my understanding that Quarrow is out of business and has been for some time.That would make warranty and customer service non existent.A lot of the left over rods were dumped at way below wholesale for a while but that has about dried up.  It seems as though not many people on this forum knew they were ever in business or just won't comment  about them for some reason.