Sign in to follow this  
bigtimfish

crank rod help

Ok, I use graphite for crankin. I will soon be buying a glass rod for this. Can anyone please tell me the pro's and con's of fiberglass,e glass or whatever other kind of glass. Why are they better than my graphite rod. Thanks in advance.

Who said they were better ? They have rods that are composite that are much better than pure fiberglass.

Todays graphite adaptations are fine for crankbaits.

If you are looking for suggestions, these are mine:

Deep divers and other big treble hook lures:

Lamiglas SR705R is THE BOMB!

For everything else: St. Croix Avid AVC70MM.

8-)

I got a Quantum 7'4" KVD Tour Crankin' Rod and  I love it for lipped crankbaits.  Although I wouln't use it for ripping grass with lipless crankbaits, because the tip isn't stiff enough.

The only problem with E-glass that I have is that it makes the rod kinda heavy, but it shouldn't bother you too much.

:o

It seems to me that there are alot of 7'M graphite rods are descent for shallow to mid cranks.  I have been using a 6'10''MH e21 Carrot Gold Stix for shallow-mid cranks, jerkbaits, and topwater.  For deeper cranks I use a 7'MH Lucky Craft cranking rod which, if I'm not mistaken, is a fiberglass rod but is relatively light, lighter than the Quantum KVD rods, and is extremely sensitive.

I use two: Avid AVC70MM and AVCMHM.  They cover everything from little peanuts to big, deep divers.  Very light, very sensitive, and have a great, forgiving action ideal for cranking.

I personally wouldn't buy a fiberglass rod. I feel its ignorant to pay much for a fiberglass rod when i can buy a good graphite rod for fair money.

I personally LOVE my 7'2 M Parabolic Carrot Stix rod for all my 1'-12'  cranks.

If you did want a glass rod though i have heard great things about BPS crankin stick. You can find it on sale for around 50 bucks fairly often also.

I actually had my eye on 2. One is an American Rodsmith David Fritts and the other is an Allstar 7'2. But can anyone tell me the pro's and con's of fiberglass, or the reasons that fiberglass is good for deep cranks.