Sign in to follow this  
KyCam

Shimano Citica Vs. Curado

I have a Shimano Citica and like it alot. I'm looking to buy another soon and have got mixed reviews about which one is better. I am on a budget so keep that in mind too. Any suggestions would be great. 

There is no doubt the Curado is the better real. The Citica and Curado are siblings and built off the same frame. What the Curado offfers is a smother retrieve and better casting of light weight lures. I own both and love both but from now on I'm going to try and save up more and only buy Curado's.

I just bought the Curado a couple of months ago. I never dreamed I would ever pay that much $$ for a reel...however....it was money well spent. The Curado is my crown jewel of fishing reels, it casts just about every lure I own a country mile, I rarely ever backlash or birdnest (maybe a couple of times per outing), and has a super smooth retrieve. I will buy another one as soon as I am out of the wife's doghouse :)

Curado - Great reel

Citica - Slightly less great but still a great reel. 

If you are on a tight budget buy the Citica. 

There is no doubt the Curado is the better real. The Citica and Curado are siblings and built off the same frame. What the Curado offfers is a smother retrieve and better casting of light weight lures. I own both and love both but from now on I'm going to try and save up more and only buy Curado's.

A wise choice I do believe.

I am on a budget so keep

Then the Citica is your poison.

I think it is very simple. If you are on a tight budget, buy the Citica. You will not be disappointed. If you have the extra money laying around pick up the curado, it is a great real.

I have 4 Citica's and 2 Curado's and yes the Curado is a nicer reel, but only slighter. Would I buy another Citica... absolutely. Can't go wrong with either one.

Thanks guys all your posts really help. Now i just gotta get some money for a new reel. Hopefully that will be soon. I can't wait.

You can also purchase the citica, do a bearing upgrade and you are essentially using a curado. With the curado you have two choices of retrieve speeds and the citica has only one but it's right in the middle so really not a bad choice.