Sign in to follow this  
bigtimfish

orra sx or revo s

My senko reel started scewing up on me, so I need a new one. I like the revo s but am very interested in the orra sx. Anyone on here use an orra yet? Which one would you guys buy? No Shimano recommendations please. Thanks.

i have the orra sx and the revo s.  They are both great reels.  I will buy the orra sx because i think its as good as the s imo and i dont really want to spend 130.

i have the orra sx and the revo s. They are both great reels. I will buy the orra sx because i think its as good as the s imo and i dont really want to spend 130.

Walmart.com = Revo S, $90.... SHHH don't tell anyone.

No Shimano recommendations please. Thanks.

Why not? For the same $$ as a Revo S you can get a Citica E, which is every bit as good. I know some of the Shimano snobs here can put people off, but don't let it keep you away from a fantastic reel. BTW I own several Revo's, several Shimano's, quite a few Diawa's and Quantum's, as well as a few Pfluegers. Each brand has reels I love, as well as dislike. But back to your original question, if you can find a Revo S for less than the $129 many places are now charging for them grab it and run, if not,  well..............you don't want to know what I think  ;D

You can find a NIB Revo S on ebay if you bid on one. I got one for $72 plus $5 shipped. This was not for the newer model, but I actually do not even know if that one is out yet. Great reel for the price tag.

You can find a NIB Revo S on ebay if you bid on one. I got one for $72 plus $5 shipped. This was not for the newer model, but I actually do not even know if that one is out yet. Great reel for the price tag.

got one for $60 but IMO I don't think it's that great of a reel.  It casts pretty good but is stiff on retrieve and not very smooth.

Honestley my local walmart has revo s everyday for $100. I can find them at a good price. I was just wondering which would be better for senko's.

It's a preference thing and only you will be able to answer it for you. There will always be some on each side of the preference. 

i.e. I use the S for senkos all the time; I also think it's a smoother reel than the Citica but they are close (have not tried the Orra).  Others prefer the Citica.  The "which reel is better" is always a subjective question.