Sign in to follow this  
nashontheriver

johnson century combo grinding noise

i got a johnson century c200b-562mc. i used it for about a month before it started making a grinding noise. i would like to get it fixed if possible. what is the best way to go about it?

Them are throw away type combos IMHO. I doubt there is anyone who would fix these. Buy a new one. By the way welcome aboard.

$30 is still $30, and would expect it to last longer than a month. Cripes, my "disposable" Zebco 33 Classic is 20 years old, and it still works fine. Was $15 back in the day. Since this is a Berkley Product, I'd contact them and see if it has a warranty.

I would recommend you contact.......

Berkley

Pure Fishing USA

1900 18th Street

Spirit Lake, IA 51360

Tel: 1.800.237.5539

Tight Lines!!!

You're now seeing the advantages to spending a little more money and getting a better reel like a Steez or a Calais.

:tongue in cheek/:

You're now seeing the advantages to spending a little more money and getting a better reel like a Steez or a Calais.

:tongue in cheek/:

a loomis for bluegills, any thoughts?

If you only used it a month why would you consider having to get it fixed? It is not unreasonable to expect a reel to last longer than that. If local try to take it back where you bought it and get it exchanged.

If not local then, I had one and in about a month it started having trouble with the line not picking up. I found the spool nut to be lose. Once I tightened that it worked fine. I've had Johnson Century's before and they were workhorses and maybe the best spincaster out there.

All things considered though if you can take it back can afford it, and want to spend the money you'd probably be better off to spend a little more. There are plenty of past posts here in the search to help you. Else post your budget and ask for suggestions.

P.S. welcome

thanks for the advice everyone. i think i'm going to try a little home repair. i recieved the unit through a special promotion at work so i don't think an exchange will work out. it was good while it lasted, and the fish didn't know it was such a cheap reel. i'm going to upgrade for spring. these boards are so awesome!