Sign in to follow this  
lupe21

FENWICK TECHNA AVC70MF 7' MEDIUM ROD

i was wondering if you guys know anything about this rod im thinking of purchasing it for a 100 dollars new and i think it retails more than that. can you guys tell me for what type of lures this rod is good for when they were made, could i possibly use it for mainly cranks but also some plastics if i get it a fuego is going on it

thanks your replys are very much appreciated

I don't have that exact model but I do have a Techna AV it is a great rod that retails for 220 normally. That model would be good for cranks and light worms.  Good luck!  ;)

Great deal, buy it now!

The rod can be used as an "all-around" rod,

but more specifically, soft plastics and jigs.

I have the same rod.  It is a good all around rod except for really reavy duty work like heavy jigs and fishing in slop.  It's very sensitive and light at less than 4.2 oz.  For me, it balances very well with a Quantum Tour Edition 1171PT (a fairly heavy real).  This specific model made me finally understand how a sensitive rod could help to "feel" the bottom while jigging.  At $100 there are few rods that compete with it, and the Techna AV is a well established classic.  In the last couple months I've seen this model for less than $100 on ebay, but it's safer to take the sure thing ;)

This year mine saw use with weightless Senkos, Fat Ikas and smaller cranks like Mann's Baby Minus One.  I was slow to get accustomed to the balance of the rod because I prefer shorter handles.  But after 2 seasons, it feels very natural.  I liked this one so much, that after the first time jigging with the 7'0" MF I immediately ordered a 6'6" MHF.  After 2 seasons, I'm very pleased with them.

Leon

thank you guys very much those responses are why i love this website so many bass fisherman equals so much information i think i might even get  2 now. also how does this rod compare with the st croix avid that has the same model number

thank you guys very much those responses are why i love this website so many bass fisherman equals so much information i think i might even get 2 now. also how does this rod compare with the st croix avid that has the same model number

Avids and Techna AV series are very comparable.

I use to recommend the Fenwicks, but they raised

their prices from $169 to $219 a few years for no

apparent reason. At that time Avids were $140-$160

and a "better value". That price difference continues

today.

As a result, I own one Fenwick Techna AV AVS70MM.

I own four Avids and two St. Croix Legend Elite.

I have the Techna 7' MF and the Techna 7'MHF.I also own 6 St Croix Avids. I like them both but give the edge in sensitivity to the Fenwick. The rod weighs a little more than 4 oz (pretty light for a 7" stick)I use mine for TR worm fishing paired with a Curado 100D and use the MHF Techna paired with a Revo STX for CR , jigs and pitching. If I were you I would jump all over this and get 2 while their still on sale. There is not a better rod deal to be found for $100.

T