Sign in to follow this  
Ojurb

abu revo s and all star select combo at Dick's

I was at Dicks sporting goods today and they have some All star select 7' medium heavy and abu garcia revo s combos, they are normally $170 they have them discounted to $150 and they come with a $20 rebate so that total cost is $130 basically you buy the reel and get the rod for free. just wanted to let you guys know as i know some people may have gotten some Dicks gift cards

yep they have had these there for a while... they are always marked down to around 150..  i got one of those combos last year and am very impressed with it..

Its both a good and a bad deal. Price wise its a good deal, buying and item that is not in a box that everyone has messed with and dropped, not to mention probably tightened the drag to the max and left it that way makes it a bad deal. See if they have one in the box so you can take the used on off the rod.

Its both a good and a bad deal. Price wise its a good deal, buying and item that is not in a box that everyone has messed with and dropped, not to mention probably tightened the drag to the max and left it that way makes it a bad deal. See if they have one in the box so you can take the used on off the rod.

Never thought about that...good point, for any store that has those combos like that.

:D

Angler1, you are right i guess i never saw it that way either, maybe is cause i make the mistake of assuming people are as careful and respectful of things as i am.

BUT.. I decided to go to a different Dicks today one that is a lil farther from me to get a Berkly Amp Rod, for the Abu silver Max i bought i few days ago at walmart, since i didnt like the abu garcia ambassadeur rods i got from there as well. it was kinda heavy and tired my hand, plus when i hooked a fish i didnt feel it i thought i had hit weeds and as i reel in a see  lil dink on the end it didnt even feel like i had a fish on.

anyway while looking at the berkley amps i spot a rod with a abu revo s mounted on it, but this is not the same black/green rod that i was talking about in the OP. this one has the graphite looking blank and orange accents, it had the dicks price of $169, but it also had a SALE sticker that had the price ripped off, i took it to the counter and asked the guy there to price check it for me, he scanned it and told me it was $59.97  :D i asked him why was it priced different from the other ones they had of the same brand rod and combo that where green, he told me it must be last years model and that once the new models come in the old models go on sale, i took it and walked straight to the register and bought it, it think its an awesome deal even if its a 08 model ....lol...

so guys if there is a Dicks near you go check them out and see if they still have a old revo s/ all start select combo, the rods are graphite looking with orangel thread accents, the one i got is a 6'6" MH not a 7' mh like the new green/black models, but i cant complain i got a great deal ;)

I got a 6'6" Medium All Star G40X from BPS today for $49.95.

Academy does the same thing, they hand you the reel still in the box and you pick a rod :D

i took it to the counter and asked the guy there to price check it for me, he scanned it and told me it was $59.97 :D

Smokin' hot deal!

For others considering Dick's, dig up a $10 off $25, $15 off of $75, etc... coupons that are readily available (i.e. in an Entertainment coupon book).

Dick's will no longer take home printed coupons, if you want them to accept the coupon you must email it to a Coach at the store and they must print it in Dicks paper in order for them to take them, i tried using the current $10 off $50 coupon and they told me i had to had to email it and have it printed if i wanted to use it, which apparently takes about a week cause they print it and mail it to you