Sign in to follow this  
jacobhookem

Berkley Amp Rods...

I store fished one and for the price it looks like a good deal. A local tackle shop thinks very highly of them at the price. The only complaint I have read is that the lock ring on the reel seat can break. I am gonna get a couple especially one of the ultralights. I like ultralight rods.

I have a couple and used one as a crankbait rod and I've had some hookup problems but not blaming that on the rod. I have heard the lock ring on the reel seat can break if it is over tightened because it is plastic. I've also heard it tends to back off or loosen at times during a fight with a fish. I haven't had either of those problems since I read about it before mounting the reel. As a crankbait rod it did work well and used both lipless and lipped cranks with it(shallow and medium divers).

They seem best suited for treble hooks.  The actions seem a bit slow and a little whippy but for the price they seem great, really light.

How do these rods perform what down falls do they have and what is good about them?

Crank bait rod.

Their cheap.

Did I mention they are cheap , good enough for cranks and nothing else.

How do these rods perform what down falls do they have and what is good about them?

Crank bait rod.

Their cheap.

Did I mention they are cheap , good enough for cranks and nothing else.

I agree they are good enough for cranks and cheap

They seem best suited for treble hooks. The actions seem a bit slow and a little whippy but for the price they seem great, really light.

What do you mean by by best suited for treble hooks?

you want a slower action rod for treble hooked lures such as cranks.

Wow you guys answered all my questions! I'm looking for a new rod and reel cheap (I'm young, got no money) and I got a good shimano citica on a cabelas 7' MH with a fast tip for worms and jigs now a want one for spinnerbaits, crankbaits, buzzbaits, and anything else like it and obviously i wanted a pretty soft tip

I had a 6'6 M spinning rod and i liked it..  a friend of mine stepped on it and broke it in half.. so i went and bought a 7'M one...  I like this one a lot more.. it is sensitive..  I use it for topwaters and love it for that.. 

They are very nice rods for the money. My buddy has a 7' Spinning Rod and yes the lock ring is very cheap, but all of Berkley's lock rings are cheap and they will break. I have a few lightning rods and I have to put a piece of electrical tape around the lock ring before tightening it up on the reel. I cannot comment on the casting rods.