Sign in to follow this  
K_Mac

Yo-Zuri Hybrid or Ultra Soft?

I am going to place an order for a few things in the next couple of days and would like to order a couple of 600 yrd. rolls. Which of these do you guys recommend? I've read some old threads, but just want a little input from y'all. Thanks in advance.

I like the Ultrasoft on both my spinning, and baitcasters. Some use just the ultrasoft for spinning..which I don't understand.. :D

I use soft on both bait casting and spinning.

Ultra Soft is more manageable on both spinning

and baitcasting equipment. However, if you fish

extremely clear water, original Hybrid is virtually

invisible and far less problematic than the pure

fluorocarbon lines.

8-)

Thanks guys. I get the impression that Hybrid is a little more resistant to abrasion and is a bit stronger than Ultra Soft? I think I'm going to try Hybrid first. #6 for spinning and #12 for casting equipment seems to be the most popular. Any other thoughts before I break my piggy bank?  ::D Thanks for the help. 8-)

Thanks guys. I get the impression that Hybrid is a little more resistant to abrasion and is a bit stronger than Ultra Soft? I think I'm going to try Hybrid first. #6 for spinning and #12 for casting equipment seems to be the most popular. Any other thoughts before I break my piggy bank? ::D Thanks for the help. 8-)

I was planning about the same thing - 6lb for spinning but I was going to go with 10lb for casting. Yo-Zuri says actual test on the 10lb is 16.5lb and that's enough for the open/clear water I fish - and it will get cranks a bit deeper than 12lb as well (theoretically ::) ). I'm also considering putting the 6lb Yo-Zuri on my BPS Prolite BC reel - I'm running 8lb mono on it right now.

Hybrid 12# is one of my favorite lines. I can use it for just about anything. I haven't tried the soft though, so I'm no help there...

Loving the UltraSoft! Spinning & Baitcasting!

Ronnie

darn it. If I had known you wanted to try this stuff, I could have filled one of those Pfluegers with it. I have plenty of the 6lb Hybrid.

I don't think you will be disappointed. Since I have a pretty good idea what these are going on, I would go for the 6lb. Those reels have pretty small spools.

I've used 8lb on spools a little bit bigger, but even still, I would go for 6lb. And FWIW, even on bigger spool reels than those, I'm going to 6lb this year. Heck the stuff still is almost 12lb break strength.

Thanks for the info guys. 8-)

Sanother siteBASSER the reels are really nice. Thanks for the work. If you start spooling serviced reels with line you will have to raise prices. :D

I like the Ultrasoft on both my spinning, and baitcasters. Some use just the ultrasoft for spinning..which I don't understand.. :D

X4

I used 12# ultrasoft on all my baitcasters last year and it worked out real well.  Gonna try some 14# BPS fluorcarbon this year for worms and jigs but the rest will be ultrasoft.  KVD line conditioner helps out quite a bit as well although for most applications you won't need it.  Just maybe for the bottom draggin stuff.