Sign in to follow this  
Buzbait88

ugly braid

Anybody try this stuff before?  I bought some from overstock bait and tackle for pretty cheap.  I got the 65lb test for my muskie rod and I was pleasantly surprised at the braid at first glance.  Seems well made, I'm thinking about getting some 30lb for my bass rods, but want to hear some reviews on it before I spend the money.  Otherwise i'll just stick with spiderwire stealth.

I bought some 20lb for my 2500 size spinning real.  May be the wrong application or some other problem, but i've had terrible memory problems with it.  Much worse than with my 12lb mono on an identical reel.

Terrible stuff. Use suffix or fireline braid, my favorites by far.

thanks guys, what a downer.  I'm going to try it anyway, hopefully I don't lose a big musky to it.  I've been a hardcore spiderwire stealth and power pro guy for awhile now, just had a good deal on the ugly braid.  I haven't tried the fireline braid yet, but may give it a try.

thanks guys, what a downer. I'm going to try it anyway, hopefully I don't lose a big musky to it. I've been a hardcore spiderwire stealth and power pro guy for awhile now, just had a good deal on the ugly braid. I haven't tried the fireline braid yet, but may give it a try.

that would be a smart thing to do.