Sign in to follow this  
WVBassHunter

E21 Carrot Stix....anyone?

I have several people at work that have them and have given away their old rods because they love them that much.  Any thoughts?  I am very interested to see what you all think....

Thanks,

Matt

Go to the search tool. Type in carrot. Search in rods, reels, etc. Read on from there.

Go to the search tool. Type is carrot. Search in rods, reels, etc. Read on from there.

Indeed. The only other topic that comes close is "how to fish a senko"...

Ive got one of the new micro guide ones. I got the 7'6" flippin stick and I like it a lot. Light as a feather for a longer rod and plenty of power. Sensitivity is about middle of the road for it's price. I really like the color better on the new micro guide version as well. You will find a lot of people that love em because they're light weight and fairly sensitive and you will find people that hate them because they are kind of gimmicky. They also had a run of breakage issues but nobody I know personally has had a problem.

I will also say that for the same price range the Dobyns savvy series comes with better components and is just as if not more sensitive. The savvy may weigh a little more but it balances so good you can't tell. The powell's are also great for that price range.

I have the 6'2"mh gold carrot stick.

I really like the rod alot. First impression I thought it was a bit weak for the action but the more I use it the more I like it.

I have the 6'2"mh gold carrot stick.

I really like the rod alot. First impression I thought it was a bit weak for the action but the more I use it the more I like it.

Felt the same way about my 6'10"MH Gold when I first got it.  I use it as a jerkbait/shallow crank rod and is one of my favorite rods.

i have a 7' XH fast action rod that i really like , has alot of backbone and is super light !! use it alot for deep diving crankbaits , frogs , texas- rigged plastics , and big spinnerbaits .

I have the 7'9, really like how light it is compared to the  other rods I have been using. Seems durable. It stood up to a 24" halibut I caught just the other day while I was fishing for sandbass.

I have 2 and I Love them. They are my primary rods and whatever I'm fishing the most will tie them on my carrot stix because that is the rod I prefer by far. I understand people giving away their other rods.  Have the 7'6" heavy for pitching jigs and plastic and a 7'3" MH I use for spinnerbaits and lipless cranks. I wish I had more but thats all for now. after having them I pay no attention to those saying they are a gimmick.

I have the 6'6 M MF gold series. I've been using it for a bit of everything and it has performed flawlessly. Definitely my favorite rod I have and I'm considering getting a few more. Paired it with a Revo SX. Great set up. I've heard of a lot of people's carrot stix breaking but they'll send you a new one for free. I've heard nothing but positives other than the whole breaking issue.