Sign in to follow this  
Craiger12

Carbontex drag washers for an E7?

The drag on my Curado E7 seems to have lost quite a bit of pressure. I can pretty easily strip line from the reel with the drag locked down as tight as physically possible. My question is - can Carbontex drag washers be purchased and put into an E7 and do you think this may solve the problem? Also, if so, where can I get them? Thanks in advance.

info@smoothdrag.com

shoot them an email and ask if they make drag washers for the E7's.

I would also disassemble your reel and have a look as to what's going on. Check the drag spring washers (part # 15) and make sure they're installed properly,

like this,

)( 

or like this, 

()

Had a carbontex drag washer added to my Abu and baitcaster works great now.

Give it a shot.  :)

yes, i have carbontex drag washers in my E7s. just call up the lady at smoothdrag.com and tell her what you want. they work great.

Had my Chonarch serviced a few weeks ago, and they replaced the drag with carbontex, under warranty.. :) The reel was only a year old, but the drag works much better now.

A couple of friends that have Curado E7's replace the washer with carbontex before fishing them..Try a tackle shop..

The Cabontex drag washers from Smoooth Drag are the real deal. In addition to making sure the spring washers are installed correctly, make sure there is no oil on the drag and only grease made specifically for that application. Also store the reel with the drag loosened.

I always store all of my reels with the drag loosened. I'm a little weary of taking my reel apart as I have never taken a BC apart before. Will it be difficult to access the drag washers and check the spring washers? Also, do I need to add grease to the Carbontex washers when making the swap?