Sign in to follow this  
philsoreel

Triple Fish FC for $2...good deal?

I just picked up a two spools of Triple Fish Fluorocarbon on sale at Gander Mountain with an additional 75% off. The 8lb was $2 and the 12lb $2.50

It must be horrible because they had a ton of it. Anybody using it and or liking it?

Was it in the sale bin?

Idk about your Gander Mountain but just about all the line in our "sale bin" is atleast a year old.

Was it in the sale bin?

Idk about your Gander Mountain but just about all the line in our "sale bin" is atleast a year old.

This was still on the wall just moved down to the end. An employee told me they weren't going to handle it anymore. Could it be a year old....yes. Is it? Dunno. My Gand. Mt. is 90 miles from me so I don't get in there much. I'm going to spool up tonight and give it a rip tomorrow evening.

I'll say this for it, it IS visibly smaller than Shooter Metan in the same test. Will it be as strong....we'll see.

Tried it a couple of years ago...I think you wasted two bucks.

;)

Tried it a couple of years ago...I think you wasted two bucks.

;)

Didn't get a chance to try it today. What was the biggest issue?

If it has breaking or knot issues I'll just trash can it.

It has ZERO abrasion resistance. Other than that, i think it is one of the best casting fluoros i have ever tried. No problems what so ever with strengh as long as it doesn't touch anything that could damage it. So basically only use it in open water. I can't use it since i fish Amistad.

This is the absolute worst product I have ever used in bass fishing.  I bought some because I saw that it was cheap about a year and a half ago, it never even made it to the lake.  I had my girlfriend who is about a buck ten pull knots enough to break them on 10lb test.

Maybe so you don't completely waste it you could use it for casting practice or something?

The spools I bought last year were okay. Nothing special but not the worst carbon I ever used either.