Sign in to follow this  
flippin4it.

FISH-A-PALOOZA in NOVA

Memorial day is it........Crack of dawn. Launch time 5-5:30 and start time will be 5:35.There will be plenty of guys to help launch you water craft.

We have a couple of guys that want to fish this event with us, but are on bank beater status. If any of you guys are going and have a open seat in you kayak,canoe or jon. Just post up and someone will jump in..........

Any questions on who,what and where.........Just PM me or Trev LakeBraddock for details and or pointers.

Can't wait!  I hope all of you wear a PFD cuz i'm not responsible for the destruction that a wake from "Feeel the Burn" may cause.

Just joined and I'm excited to see a bunch of anglers in the area.  I'm going to send a PM, just had to make my first post so the site would let me.  

I think I'll be a boat owner by Monday, but it won't be ready to sail by then.  It's up to my wife if I'll be there or not.  Take cruise by the fishing pier, I'll be waving if I'm there.

If no one else has any open seats, I think I'll be walking the bank. Rob, where do you think the best place to walk the bank would be? I want to go to a spot where there is a path or some way to walk along the bank as far as possible. Maybe near where we saw those hispanic guys with the stringer of catfish last time? Where can I park over there?

Anybody who plans on walking the bank, make a post to let us know, that way we can try to arrange a bank beaters get together.

Make sure you have PFD's and are 100% legal. The game wardens seem to love this place.

If no one else has any open seats, I think I'll be walking the bank. Rob, where do you think the best place to walk the bank would be? I want to go to a spot where there is a path or some way to walk along the bank as far as possible. Maybe near where we saw those hispanic guys with the stringer of catfish last time? Where can I park over there?

Anybody who plans on walking the bank, make a post to let us know, that way we can try to arrange a bank beaters get together.

You can park at the floating dock you guys launch at, and follow the trail. But bring some sort of bug spray or something. I was out there wednesday and thursday and had tons of pin head size ticks crawling all over me.

be warned... there are paths all over but there are lots and i mean lots of ticks.... especially deer ticks so take extra precautions and constantly check

shoot. That sucks. I may be getting a boat to use but if I don't, I'm not sure I want to walk the bank and battle ticks by myself...I might just stay home and sleep in or make a trip somewhere with less ticks with my dad or something.

If I get a boat, I'll see you guys there, if not, have a great time and take some pics.

Dan you have nothing to worry about, just slather yourself in kerosene..........you don't smoke                       do you??? :-/

I had to pull off like 5 ticks the other day after I got back from one spot, I just don't want to deal with ticks. I know too many people who have gotten extremely sick from Lyme disease and I just don't want that, especially if it's only for beating the bank by myself.

I completely understand. I hate ticks. Just wait until you get one "in" your ear!!!

:oThat's disgusting. I know a girl that has been sick for almost 2 years now from lyme disease that went undiagnosed for a while. She hasn't even been able to go to school for most of that time. I had no idea it was such a long lasting and harmful disease...

Dan, let me know if you're able to get the jon cuz i got the trolling motor ready for you. It's only a 30lb but better than nothing right?

Andrew, I'm not going to be able to take my jon boat but I am waiting to hear about somebody maybe letting me use an extra canoe or kayak. If the guy says I can use either the kayak or canoe, I'll ask if there is a place to mount a trolling motor or if his registration will allow it. I'll let you know by Sunday evening what the deal is and if I'll need you to bring the motor. Is that soon enough?

Guys,

How long are you planning to be out? While I won't be home in time to fish I may be back early enough to swing by as you're coming off the water.

Looks like we will call it noon, if the fishing is hot we will head out for round 2.....

Rob, the place where we launched last time is off of Mt. Hope Road, correct? That is where I am meeting the guy giving me the boat, you will be launching there again, also, right? What time are you launching? I'm meeting this guy at 6:15am.

If you are already on the water by then, I'll give you a call to find out where you are and see if I can paddle my way over to meet up with you and Trevor so I can say hello.

That is the right spot......I'll be in the water by then. But do call and we'll hook up.  I hope to have a couple in the boat by then.  ;)

Hey all,

Have a good time tomorrow.  Wish I could join you, but it's my kids 4th birthday.  Here is a pic of her on Saturday at Lake Accotink.  She's got a great cast with the princess combo.  BTW, her lure has no hooks.  (she didn't know that)  :-X

post-13709-130162941082_thumb.jpg