Sign in to follow this  
azndan

Good spots in the Oakton or Vienna areas in VA?

New to the board.  Got kinda frustrated as I went out to Fox Lake and Timber Lake only to realize that they are private lakes.

I dont own a boat so I'm looking for places that are relatively easy to walk to and fish from the bank, near Oakton or Vienna.  Public spots or at least not a place where I will get in trouble for fishing.

Thanks!

I haven't fished any ponds or lakes around Oakton/Vienna but a good resource you could you would be googlemaps great for locating fishing spots.  

Just glancing at google maps, have you given some of those unnamed ponds around those 2 lakes? there seems to be about 3 in the area.  

I'm sure others in the nova area will chime in soon, good luck!

azdan... i grew up in oakton and have fished both of those lakes... fox lake is def a no go... it is surrounded by properties that back all the way to the water which stinks because it was a great spot(had a friend that lived next to it)... but, timberlake although private is seperated by woods... if you are quiet, polite, don't leave any trash and don't take any fish, i highly doubt anyone will ask you to leave... it is an old lake in a newer neighborhood

good luck... i didn't tell you to go there and fish the laydowns near the point  ;)

I second on google maps.  You can setup a "my maps" page where you can  tag all the spots you want and save it to reference later.  When I want to go out fishing, I check the map so I don't continually go to the same familiar places.

thanks guys.  i will try the google maps action but for now im going to head back to possum point.

anyone had any luck out there lately?

Welcome aboard!

8-)