Sign in to follow this  
JigNBig

Dry Ice and Tubes?

Today while launching the boat at lay lake i was talking to a guy down on the pier about the fishing. He said they were bedding pretty good and he would be sight fishing once the sun poked out. Then he put on gloves a whipped out a bag of dry ice and started filling the hollow body of flipping tubes with dry ice. Is the bubbling in the water supposed to drive the fish to bite because the fish are so finicky? I wish i would have seen him again to ask. Anyone know what the whole deal with this is and have you used this method?

That sounds like it will work. I've heard of guys doing the same thing using alkaselzers

That sounds like it will work. I've heard of guys doing the same thing using alkaselzers

I have tried alkaselzers but they never last that long, I will have to go get some and try dry ice, It's probably cheaper too.

Dry ice is not something you would want potentially ending up in the stomach of a fish.

I was thinking the same thing...  even not considering the chemical aspect of it, dry ice is so cold it could permanently damage or kill the fish.

Dry ice is not something you would want potentially ending up in the stomach of a fish.

I was thinking the same thing... even not considering the chemical aspect of it, dry ice is so cold it could permanently damage or kill the fish.

Not to mention the chance of instant frost bite when it touches you.

I wouldnt think it would last long at all. Especially when it hits water.

ITS NOT WORTH IT.

and usually not necessary.  IMO, it's not what is in the bed as much as what you do with it and how good you are at boat positioning and approach.