Sign in to follow this  
formulagamble

Banjo minnow

I didn't think it was made by Manns, but yes I've used it.

I still do.  Laugh at me if you must but the dang thing catches fish.

My fishing buddies used to laugh when I tied one on but they quit laughing when I started out-fishing them.  :o

"Look, he's throwing that silly TV minnow lure"

(5 minutes later) "Hey, lemme see that thing"

If memory serves me correctly, the guys on this site think the Banjo Minnow as a gimmick.

So if you do purchase a package and they don't work you can always use them to drop shot or as a fluke.

ehh I have got a few used them but would not buy them again as aleast around here they are not the best lure as I had much better luck with cheaper baits that are consistant

yea im not sure who makes it but the little bait does have fish catching power      it works    

Renosky was the maker. I won a walleye tourney with the photo print perch.

They just look like another swimbait to me..................and I would suggest you never try them.

The big problem was getting just the baits you wanted.

Garnet

If you search the site you will find plenty of discussion on this bait.

The summary is: "The Banjo Minnow will work when almost anything would work better!" The Slug Go (fluke) is similar, more effective, easier to use and much cheaper.

8-)

Banjo minnows do have good action and do catch fish, but they don't cast as far, sink as fast, or have as good of a hookup rate as a sluggo, fluke, bass assassin, senko, ect.

You will do much better with the other lures I listed.

The banjo minnow works just as good as a Zoom Super Fluke, but more expensive and tougher to find.

The one thing I like about the banjo minnow is the exposed hook, instead of Tex posing the hook on a fluke.

Other then that, they're very similar, but the fluke is cheaper and easier to find.

I've had 30 fish days on the Banjo Minnow, biggest being only 5lbs 4oz.

No doubt the Banjo will catch fish. I have caught largemouth, smallmouth, crappie, trout, pike, walleye, and bluegill on it. I just have better luck all around with flukes and sluggos.

The banjo's weedless system is actually more weedless than just about any other system, but it is also harder to hook bites on it as well. The fact that the hook is rigged ahead of the lure also makes it harder to set the hook when fish are short striking.

i used to own it. All the minnows were destroyed by bass, lost on casts or rocks..BUT those banjo frogs were the best top water frog lures i ever tried

i used to own it. All the minnows were destroyed by bass, lost on casts or rocks..BUT those banjo frogs were the best top water frog lures i ever tried

Really? I've got a bunch of them and never tried them.  I'll have to give them a throw next time I'm out.

Banjo frogs rock. Try them as a jig trailer too.

I was never much good with the Banjo Minnow,

I only know one song  ;D