Sign in to follow this  
Autiger24

X-Rap Applications

I was just wondering what kind of action the X-rap has and how you guys use them. Are they more like a crankbait, or more like a jerkbait? Thanks

X - Raps work best with sharp jerks, alternated with pauses. I will often go jerk pause, jerk pause, jerk jerk pause, jerk pause, jerk jerk jerk pause, ect. I always vary the length of the pauses. You get the best action on braided line like power pro.

IMO, X-Raps are one of the best jerkbaits on the market. Their action is a little more erratic than other brands, and they can really drive the fish crazy.

They'll work year-round, and as long as your lake isn't too weedy, they're always a good bet.

IMO, X-Raps are one of the best jerkbaits on the market. Their action is a little more erratic than other brands, and they can really drive the fish crazy.

They'll work year-round, and as long as your lake isn't too weedy, they're always a good bet.

They are lethal ripped over deep weedbeds, provided the weedbed is deep enough that the X Rap won't tangle in it.

this time of the year i like to have about a 36" leader and a slip weight above the swivel.  you can fish deep and work the bait slower.

this time of the year i like to have about a 36" leader and a slip weight above the swivel. you can fish deep and work the bait slower.

Hmm that's a good idea. Can you still get the good cutting/darting action when you rig it that way though? I know you can use a Carolina Rig to run some other crankbaits, so I don't see why it wouldn't work with an X - Rap.

Rapala calls the X-Rap a "slash bait", but most people consider the lure a jerkbait. The X-Rap shines when the bass are very aggressive. Working the lure fast with short, erratic jerks is the way I fish them. With most jerkbaits, the pause is crucial, but fast action is what I have found to be the key when fishing the Rapala X-Rap.

8-)

The X-Rap produces great for me, Spring through Fall. One of my best techniques is a sweep pause, sweep pause. Always hit on the pause.

Falcon

this time of the year i like to have about a 36" leader and a slip weight above the swivel. you can fish deep and work the bait slower.

Hmm that's a good idea. Can you still get the good cutting/darting action when you rig it that way though? I know you can use a Carolina Rig to run some other crankbaits, so I don't see why it wouldn't work with an X - Rap.

as far as i know you do. you can pin the weight if you wanted too, that might bring out more of a jerk bait style action and keep the bait at the depth you want.

Why not just use the X-Rap deep?

http://www.rapala.com/products/luresdetail.cfm?modelName=x-rap_deep&freshorsalt=Fresh

i dunno.............