Sign in to follow this  
CookieMonst3r

Fishing stained water?

To me stained water can be fished with most any color. My favorite is Green Pumpkin and I dip the tail in chartreuse JJ's Magic to make it easier for the fish to zero in on.

Many colors work in stained water. I steer away from the see through colors like Watermelon or Redbug. I like the worm to have a good silhouette so the fish can see it quickly. I still stay with natural colors though. (Greens, Black, Browns)

To me stained water can be fished with most any color. My favorite is Green Pumpkin and I dip the tail in chartreuse JJ's Magic to make it easier for the fish to zero in on.

Many colors work in stained water. I steer away from the see through colors like Watermelon or Redbug. I like the worm to have a good silhouette so the fish can see it quickly. I still stay with natural colors though. (Greens, Black, Browns)

X2 Great color choices

I like to use the brigther colors such as firetigers and chartruse.

To me stained water can be fished with most any color...I still stay with natural colors though. (Greens, Black, Browns)

Me, too!

8-)

I go with bright and or dark colors like chartreuse/orange, and black. I also like to add rattles to my jigs in stained water.

I use the same baits & the same colors regardless of water color; it's the same at night  ;)

I use the same baits & the same colors regardless of water color; it's the same at night  ;)

For us mortals yes. But for Bass, I'm not so sure.

Same works day or night for me. If you doubt it try throwing a chrome blue back trap in the dark. It will suprise you.

Dude shh!  ;)

Other colors for soft plastics in stained water are june bug, green pumpkin candy, black neon and blue fleck.  They not only have the silhouette factor that Fluke referred to but also have the extra flash that is provided by metal flake in plastic. All are standard colors with pros and in high demand for these conditions.

Good fishin

Big O