Sign in to follow this  
nralover

Good affordable pair of polarized glasses?

I am seeking a quality pair of polarized glasses that won't break the bank for my wife. Also, is there a "general purpose" lense color?

Try the optical center at Costco.  The one near me gives good advice.  They can make up a pair for you or refer you to one of their off-the-rack deals.  I might have it wrong, but I think they suggested gray for clears skies and brown for overcast.

Amber is a great all purpose lense color.

"Affordable" is like beauty, it's in the eye of the beholder.

Below is a copy and paste of what I wrote in another thread:

"You could go to Cabela's site, type sunglasses into the keyword box, then click on any pair and click on the link to their Buyer's Guide. That guide has a nice section on the various lens tints."

I've been very happy with flyingfisherman sunglasses. They run 40-50 for  the plastic lenses and about 100 for the real glass. I went with the plastic and I have been extremely happy.  I went from gray to amber and I think I finally found the right color lens for me. They also have some really nice looking frames. Hard to beat for the price.

http://flyingfisherman.com/2002/home8.02.php

http://www.backcountryoutlet.com/outlet/subcat/9/Sunglasses.html

Try this page. Lots of discounted brand names with plenty of polarized to choose from.

8-)

http://www.steepandcheap.com/

will have an incredible deal from timt to time, but you have to check the page frequently or jsut get luckey.

Ive been using the H3O glasses and really like them. They come with three different colour lenses, case, and strap for about 100 bucks.

I would definately take the time to look on BAsspro website under SeaStriker they are comporable to Costa and only 25 to 30 bucks.

::) :-/ :-X

Bolle makes some good glasses for under $100.  I have had the same pair for three years and they are easy to get replacement parts for (they are made by Remington).  Stay with amber for a lense color and you can't go wrong.

I would definately take the time to look on BAsspro website under SeaStriker they are comporable to Costa and only 25 to 30 bucks.

:):-X :-X :-X

I have a pair from Native that I got for around $100.  I have beat these things up pretty good and they still look great.