Sign in to follow this  
kbkindle

kb here    man did i get a surprise (credit card bill)

kb here    i get my bass pro visa c.c  today  and there was  two different charges on there for about $450.00   for two tickets  one$372.00 the other$109.00 and $9.38  for a for a foreign transaction fee to jazeera airlines  to kuwaiti.  i use 2 credit cards one from bass pro the other cabelas.  and pay the off  at the time i get them.  when i called visa  they allready new about the problem  for they have had someothers   dont know how they got my credit card #   but was on the phone for about a hour with the fraud  dept part of visa. they said when they saw these tickets they new something was wrong for it did not look correct with what i use the card for. they did take off the card  and gave me a completely new card, new  # they sure did get excited about this deal    kb  i never had a clue they watched  this stuff that close.

They are actually very quick too.  I ordered something online one time with my MasterCard, turns out the order goes to a foreign company, and they called me about five minutes after the transaction went through to make sure it was ligit.  It was nice to know that somebody was things that closely.

Wow, That could have been worse than it actually was. My sister had to close an account due to that.

-searoach

My wife made a large purchase a while back, and within an hour she received a phone call to see if it was legit.

It's good to know somebody is watching out for us.

Falcon

cart7t here.  Just checking my internet connection I've got here in my hotel in Kuwait.  

:D

Lol, this happend on my honeymoon in mid October last year.

BOA called me to see if the money I was all of a sudden spending in Ohio on Playoff Tickets for the Red Sox Indians, the hotel, the resort we stayed at and passes to the rock n' roll hall of fame and nfl hall of fame were all legit.

They actually stopped payment on the money I was spending at the resort.  When I gave the lady my debit card at the counter she said my card was denied.  I had known I made the transfer from my savings o I was like WTH?

So I had to call BOA and they had me run through all the details of the trip and what not and verify that all my account info was correct, ask me all these questions.

These guys were right on it!  I'm glad we have people monitoring our accounts when they see out of the norm stuff like that.  The lady was real nice too, started telling me a bit about her honeymoon and wished us all the fun and said my account would be fine from here on out while I was in the Ohio area.

Guest muddy

Considering where the tickets were for I hope the people from Homeland Security were notified, especially since the name on the ticket has to match the name on the passport.

Credit cards have a standard security system, any purchase out of the ordinary from your CC history immediately raises a flag, they know from who you purchase. It has happened to me, first time I purchased on-line at BPS the phone rang about 10 min after the transaction was made to verify if it was actually me the one who placed the order, first time I ordered at TW same thing and so on.

Wow that is crazy.  I'm sure Homeland Security was involved considering the destination...

I once purchased what I am assuming was some time with some dirty girls in Singapore, or Shanghai, somewhere in the orient...and never even got to spend time with them >:(  Credit card company called me minutes after it was ran on my credit card

Guest muddy
I once purchased what I am assuming was some time with some dirty girls in Singapore, or Shanghai, somewhere in the orient...and never even got to spend time with them >:( Credit card company called me minutes after it was ran on my credit card

I told you not to give your CC #'s to LBH

My wife called me at work about 6 weeks ago to ask me if I bought something to do with XBox Live. Since I don't usually play video games and have never played XBox Live she should have known it wasn't me. Somehow someone in Europe charged the same thing twice in the same day to the tune of about $280+. Then I got hit with a currency conversion fee (or something to that effect).

We got a new CC# and all that, but we are still waiting for the charges to be removed.

JT Bagwell

Seriously,

my wife was a victim of identity theft a couple years ago.  Someone used her name and SS number to get a new phone line installed in their house.   We didn't find out about it until she attempted to change a CC balance to a new card and they refused because she had a phone bill with an outstanding balance of $2000!!  :o

Upon investigation it turned out the phone was attached to a residence in one of the worst parts of town.  Many, many of the phone calls were long distance made to various prisons within the state of Missouri and Illinois.  ::)

To make a long story short. It was sad that we were basically considered guilty until we could prove ourselves innocent. It turns out the phone line was hooked up just a month after my wife had taken a loan out at a car dealership.  Police told us it's not uncommon for identity thieves to work as car detailers in dealerships and have an insider collecting info from loan applications!!   >:(

cart7t here.  Just checking my internet connection I've got here in my hotel in Kuwait.  

Cart, Are we still meeting by the pool at noon? :) ;D

My wife had her purse stolen while at work several months ago. Within an hour she had a call from one of the credit card cos. wanting to know if a 45.00 gas purchase was correct. We had never used the card to purchase gasoline and it threw up a red flag. They had immediately locked down the card until they questioned her. She was not even aware that her truck had been broken into at the time. We keep a list of all cards with account numbers and phone numbers in a drawer at home for access to cancel if anything ever happens. Everyone should.

Awhile ago BPS called me to ask about a few charges on my card. They weren't mine and they cancled my card and issued me a new card. Funny thing was neither charge was for more than 2 dollars.

Cart, Are we still meeting by the pool at noon? :) ;D

Yep, drinks and just about everything else are on kb.....er uh ME!   ;D

Falcon

Believe me, they're not watching out for you.  They just want to make sure they're going to get paid.

Falcon

Believe me, they're not watching out for you. They just want to make sure they're going to get paid.

x2   I like the fact that I don't have any cc and don't have to worry about it