Sign in to follow this  
frogtog

Gun Question

When is a gun considered loaded ? If you have the magazine full and none in the chamber is it loaded ?  Must be getting bored. ::)

I think WV law for hunting regulations recognizes the gun being loaded if there are rounds in the clip and the clip is inserted into the gun.  There doesn't have to be one in the chamber to be considered loaded in WV.  Each state may differ.  

Laws most likely vary from state to state, but common sense dictates that you should know when your gun is loaded. To me, this means I am ready to fire it. That means I am ready to accept responsibility for what happens when I fire it. JMHO

Ronnie

Laws most likely vary from state to state, but common sense dictates that you should know when your gun is loaded. To me, this means I am ready to fire it. That means I am ready to accept responsibility for what happens when I fire it. JMHO

Ronnie

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Sounds like a LOADED question! ;D

When the tubes have rounds in them.

When the clip or magazine has rounds in them and is afixed to the firearm.

When the chambers are loaded on a dbl action revolver

When the chambers are loaded on a sgl action revolver, even if the firing pin rests on an empty one. (For the ones with no transfer bar safety)

Single and double bbls. rounds in tube(s) action broke.  Loaded.

Every gun is always loaded until you have personally cleared it or verified otherwise... and then only while in your custody or sight.

Every gun is always loaded until you have personally cleared it or verified otherwise... and then only while in your custody or sight.

Agreed that is how it should be treated.  

Technically to me it is when a round is in the chamber.  I believe the law here on hanguns depends if you have a magazine disconnect or not.

thats what they taught us in the C.C. classes. next is when a fire arm has live ammo in the frame of or chamber.

When is it loaded? 24/7/365

And that goes for all of them. ;)

H**L HECK YA!!!!!

That's the way we do it in dixie!

-Ike

Why I asked this question is in the state of NC it is against the law to have a loaded firearm at all Wildlife Ramps ( Boat Ramps ) I carry a

P85 Ruger with me in my vehicle and put it in the boat when I get in.

I was at the ramp the other day and had the gun in my hand walking to my boat, when a Wildlife officer came up and asked if the gun was loaded. I told him that I didn't have one in the chamber and he said OK and went on his way. So I was just curious about it.

Here in MS,If there are rounds in the chamber,magazine,or clip etc. it is considered loaded.You have to completely separate gun from ammo to be considered unloaded.

When it's cocked, locked, & ready to rock  ;)