Sign in to follow this  
fishfordollars

Ike evacuees

I have a brick, 3 bedroom home that is built to withstand 185MPH(Yea, right) winds. My wife and I are riding it out. We are boarded up, and the utilities are all underground in our area. Hopefully we will have power.

Anyone, and I mean anyone that does not feel safe, you are welcome here. We are on the East side of Houston and well above any storm surge we should have. Let me know if you need a place. We will be able to house up to 6-8(Children welcome) if you need it.

If it ends up all adults, we will have one heck of a party. Please bring your own liquer(Unless money is tight). If that's the case the treat is on Wanda and I.

Wanda is an R.N./Sometimes doctor so if a medical issue arises we will not be completely without help.

Let us know,

Jack and Wanda 281 224-8853

I've never been to a hurricane party.

What time's dinner?

On a serious note, that is a very nice offer.

I hope everyone stays safe.

-Kent

These type of partys usually begin when everyone has arrived at their respective locations. Usually though it is when the winds sustain at tropical force(39mph) and continue until everyone is either sick of each other, sobers up, or blown away. I have seen them go one as long as three days(I think...That's when I sobered up).

The truth is I have only had four mixed drinks since January 1. We use to give it heck when I was younger though.

good luck and be safe

Good luck Jack. I'm hunkered down in Sugar Land.

After several days of angst a post storm party is hard to beat. I can't wait to get this behind us. Good or bad, I'm tired of thinking about it.

We riding it out to  ;)

My wife and I are concerned about the potential high winds and heavy rain from Ike.  If you don't mind, we are leaving Tulsa first thing in the morning to come stay with you.  Many thanks for the invite!  ;D