Sign in to follow this  
bhos

Possible new PB

Don't know, but it's a fine fish!

Our "weight calculator" in "Tacklebox" at the top of the

page says 23.5' X 18" = 9.745 lbs

8-)

Wow, neat calculator, but definitely not over 9, I'm going to stick with a guesstimate of somewhere between 7 and 8, but yeah, won't ever know, but it was a nice peaceful day fishing regardless.

seeing fish laying on there side on the ground makes me :(

She was out of the water for all of 30 seconds since I didn't have to weigh her, and she swam back to her hole just fine giving me a bit of a shower on the way out if it makes you feel better. I didn't have a tape measure either, so I felt compelled to line her up next to the rod to use as a gauge in the pic. But seriously, I didn't realize laying them on the grass was more abusive or detrimental to their health than contact with boat carpet, landing nets, hands/clothing, or bumping around the inside of a live well for a few hours (you fish tournaments?). I'll take your criticism into consideration next time I go fishing. And nice to meet you too, sir. :)

I think there have been a few posts in the past about fish that look a little "special"....either way.....GOOD FISH!!!

Reading posts like this makes me :(

Oh and it's "their side"

Great fish. May have potential to get bigger. Has a huge mouth and head on it.

Rand

Reading posts like this makes me :(

Oh and it's "their side"

didnt know this was english class...you obviously knew what i meant

Wow, neat calculator, but definitely not over 9, I'm going to stick with a guesstimate of somewhere between 7 and 8, but yeah, won't ever know, but it was a nice peaceful day fishing regardless.

She was out of the water for all of 30 seconds since I didn't have to weigh her, and she swam back to her hole just fine giving me a bit of a shower on the way out if it makes you feel better. I didn't have a tape measure either, so I felt compelled to line her up next to the rod to use as a gauge in the pic. But seriously, I didn't realize laying them on the grass was more abusive or detrimental to their health than contact with boat carpet, landing nets, hands/clothing, or bumping around the inside of a live well for a few hours (you fish tournaments?). I'll take your criticism into consideration next time I go fishing. And nice to meet you too, sir. :)

congrats on the hog...its just not good for "their" slime coat thats why i dont like seeing thme laying on the ground...and your right its not good for fish banging around on boat carpet etc etc...i try to do this as least as possible..i usually just lip the fish weigh them and back in the water they go...its always a great day of fishing qwhen you catch a new PB

Nice fish! Don't lay them down like that unless you are keeping them. I say 4-5lbs. CONGRATS

Nice fish, and most of the time it's impossible to tell the size from a photo. I've seen fish caught that I swear were going to weigh 7 or 8 and they barely hit six. On the other side I've had fish I would swear would only hit 4 but end up being over five. That was a big healthy fish and it looks like it could still get bigger. So congrats on the fish and go get another one!!

big fish... Looks like she could swallow your reel whole.