Sign in to follow this  
MitchIsFishin

Rebel Floater?

I just picked up a couple of Rebel Floaters (walmart - $2/each), and they look nice, but no weight on the package (I'm thinking a 1/4oz), and nothing on the packaging regarding depth to fish. Ever hear of or fish them?

Thanks!

If it has a small bill like the   Original Floating Rapala   then it should dive a few feet.  I haven't fished the rebels but good luck  

Most guys here would probably turn their nose up at them, but they do catch fish. They are the Zebcos of the lure world - and I don't mean that in a bad way. Are there better lures out there ? You bet.

But for two bucks you can't go wrong. The Rebel Pop-R topwater plug has been a favorite of mine forever.

I've never used the floater but the Rebel crawdad is a smallmouth killer for me.

they are good i have quite a few i have one so old that it is bone colored, no eyes just the dimples ..paint is gone but still does its job new hooks of course

Just because it isn't made in Japan doesn't mean it won't work.

I have some of these as well as Cordell Redfins and Bomber Long A's and they all catch fish. I would swap out he hooks for better ones though. That is always part of my Cabin Fever routine on all my hard baits. Check hooks and replace as needed.

I use the 6" Rebel minnows for muskies mostly. I do pick up an occassional smallie with them as well. The model I use doesn't dive much deeper than 2-3'.

I lost the one I had but it was a killer on shy/spooky bass.  It was the only bait in my arsenal I could get the bass to eat on sunny days at my local (heavily fished) forest preserve pond.  Mine had a very natural minnow finish and was only about 2 inches long.

I tried them a long time ago, they caught fish,RAPALAS CATCH MORE!

The first time I caught a bass on a hardbait was twitch'n a baby bass colored rebel minnow on top. They are fine baits. As others have said, just swap the hooks out.

Hey fellow anglers this is my first forum, so don't laugh too hard if i seem like a noob. haha

The original Rebel floater is a great, inexpensive lure. Like the others have said, it is like the Rapala floating minnows. I personally like to use the traditional black back w/ a chrome(silver) bottom. On average w/ 8 lb test it dives no deeper than around 2-3 ft. Just fish it like you would any other floating minnow. It works great in and around the tips of fallen tree branches. The hooks on the Rebel lures are fairly dull, so just switch them out w/ your favorite brand of hooks and youre set.

Hope this helps.