Sign in to follow this  
camofish

AnyOne Ice fish in here? check out the pics

AnyOne in here ice fish? And if so where abouts? Would like to share some ice fishing reports, pictures, and just plain talk about the cold sport of Ice Fishing.

032405perch2a.jpg

050405LMB2a.jpg

See how fun it can be. ;)

At first, I thought it was a little NUTZ, that is for a southern boy, fishing through a single hole in the ice, in the middle of a lake somewhere. And you WHAT? You want me to pull a fish out of that hole. ;D But, after I tried, it was love at first trip. Fishing in the winter :o , instead of being inside with the walls closing in on ya, waiting for open water again. ;) I'd rather ice fishing :D

020205Geogre1a23a.jpg

021005LMB19usa.jpg

And the best thing is sharing your love of ICE FISHING.

0301-4mo1st-ice1.jpg

My son at 3 months old. ::)

chrisbass1a.jpgchrisperch1a.jpg

And again at 3 years old. 8-)

032304SMB1.jpg

Now he is 5 years old and this year is going to be dinamite. ;)

cool pics, camo. and, hey, you really did start him out right, didn't you? ;)

yes, he loves being on the open or hard water. 8-)

What do you catch those bass on?! All I can ever catch are some crappie.

Medium or heavy shinners under a tip-up with 12# test line and #6 or #4 red-trebles, from 1'-2' off bottom. 8-) And yes, you still have to set the hook and pull them in my hand. ;) AWESOME FUN

I sure do. I fish up on Mississippi lake in Eastern Ontario. Here are some pics from last year.

michelle-pickerel-one.jpg

michelle-pickerel-two.jpg

four-fat-perch.jpg

michelle-fat-perch.jpg

two-pickerel-in-cooler.jpg

I should have a few shacks on the ice within the next week or two. As I catch 'em I'll post 'em.

You don't need electronics to ice fish. It's usually a drill & error type sport. Or try to get a topographical map of the lake and drill around drop offs or near river mouths.

If you were to use electronics, I'd recommend Vexilar. They are pretty useful for ice fishing. The drop cams are pretty neat too.

Cool pics, chevy, those eyes are awesome and some crazy big fat perch.  :)

You don't need electronics to ice fish. It's usually a drill & error type sport. Or try to get a topographical map of the lake and drill around drop offs or near river mouths.

If you were to use electronics, I'd recommend Vexilar. They are pretty useful for ice fishing. The drop cams are pretty neat too.

I have an old flasher like a Vexilar. But, I only use it when I'm over deeper waters and jigging. But, most of the time it is drill and error  ;) when you find a good spot, I mark it on my GPS. When your tipup fishing, just have to drill and go.  :)

camofish what state are you fishing?

just click on my name, I'm in upstate NY, about the middle of the state on the eastern side.

I hoping to get out either the end of this week or beginning of next week.

But, the ice fishing will be in full swing com the 1st of the new year, 2006 is going to be an awesome ice fishing year.  ;)

camo  that laker look's like your at otsego am I close

i'm dead center in the state I live on oneida should hook up sometime

camo that laker look's like your at otsego am I close

i'm dead center in the state I live on oneida should hook up sometime

I would love to try Oneida sometime, have always wanted to for the eyes and bass.

That laker is off Lake George.  :) Can't wait till she freezes this year.  8-)

I went ice fishing once about 8 years ago and could not relax at all.  Camo,those are some really nice looking fish and congrates to the rest of the pics posted. It really looks like alot of fun.

I went ice fishing once about 8 years ago and could not relax at all.  It really looks like alot of fun.

couldn't relax? to worried about falling in?  Yea, no good ice fishing down in fairfax, VA. My father from Roanoke, VA and has only lived in the south without anyice, a few years back wasn't to happy about the ice, too.  :o but once the flags and the fish started rolling, it's all good after that.  ;)

But, even still now after a few years under his belt on the ice, either snowmoblieing or icefishing, the Southern boy, just isn't at home on the ice.  ;)

But, if you really get into it and iron out the bugs and the "skunks" it is awesome to get out on the ice and fish.  ;)  ;D

I was'nt trying it here,I was in the northeastern part of PA.I was with a bunch of drunks/ex-father-in-law and his buddies.I was there to deer hunt,but it was a nice Sunday and they wanted to Ice fish.I love the concept of it and from the looks of your post,you and your son have done really well. My daughters would love to do something like that someday.How thick does the ice get up there?

How thick does the ice get up there?

gess, the ice by late Jan. and Feb. we're normally up in the 18"-24" of ice and are driving our truck right out on the ice too. A power auger is most needed,  8-) the 1st few years I only had a hand auger and after hand augering thru 20"+ the arms are screaming.  :P

Those perch must have been taking steroids!!  They're HUGE!  :o

here are some pictures of this season.

12-27-05 a nice perch

122705perch33a.jpg

12-19-05 a 17" splake (cross breed lake & brook trout)

121905splake17aa.jpg

12-26-05 a nice crappie

122605Crappie1a.jpg

And a nice fat 24" chain pickeral

24_25Pkl2a.jpg

caught on a 6# mono leader with a #12 treble hook and minnow.

And we aren't even into the hot part of the ice season yet. ;)

That's a beautiful pickerel (not mention those hefty yellow perch).

I used to ice fish in New Jersey (Mostly Budd Lake and Hopatcong).

But after seeing your haul, I'm not sure what I was doing

Camo, those are some awesome pics of your boy!  Classics he'll have forever.

Chevy-  Being that skinny (I'm the same way),...I don't think I would stand too close to those perch.  They look like they could swallow just about anything!  Holy cows!

We are in a bad way here, the ice is solid but not thick enough.  Double-whammy.  I wanted to give the ice a shot this year but have been totally shut out by non-consistent weather.

Anyone up in Mass,NH,VT,Me,...wanna hook me up?  Just say when and where and you'll have company

:)

I got out opening day (Jan 1) up around Millinocket, Maine. There was about 15 inches ice. We were pursuing salmon and lake trout but ended up getting into the pickerel instead. Got a few that were around 24 inches so it was a good time. I live on the coast and the ice conditions are sketchy at best. Hopefully we'll get a few frosty nights in a row so I can start fishing a little closer to home.

MAdhouse- does the Millinocket stretch down into Mass?  I think I saw a show on Fishing New England about ice fishing for Pike in Mass and I think it was on that river.