Sign in to follow this  
Hale

Weather

Weather Bug   ;)

n.o.a.a. and the local tv channels.  Because we are located in the heart of tornado alley,  the local channels have very sophisticated radar and highly qualified weather people.

Mike

NOAA without question!  I run a golf course and have been in the business for over 30 years.  Where do you think the other weather services get their information?  If you study it long enough, you can make the predictions better than the local weatherman.  The discussion area of the NOAA will give you a good insight as to the why's and wherefore's of the current conditions and the future.

I keep a piece of brown braided rope hung out on my front porch...

If it is wet I know it is raining

If it is stiff, I know it is cold

If it is sticking out sideways, I know the wind is blowing

If it is white, I know it is snowing...

What more do you need??????

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Weather Bug is NOAA's Radars

I check weather underground and then go fishing anyway.  

Guest avid

Catt, are you suggesting that the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration doesn't have it's own radar and satellite network????????

Catt, are you suggesting that the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration doesn't have it's own radar and satellite network????????

I think that he is saying that Weather Bug uses the NOAA radar network. I use weatherbug as well and it seems to be very reliable.

I have found that NOAA operates atleast 2 different sites and there is big difference in not only appereance but how data is broadcast to the public. Of course there is nooa.com but also weather.gov (not to be confused with .com)

Ive always liked weather underground because they give you more user operable software (maps, radars, etc) so I can trend out my own forecasts and probablities of catching fish. Being here in Florida, weather controls our lives. Like avid said storms pop up with no warning and at times they can be ferocious. Especially if you find your self in the ocean or other large body of water like Okeechobee. Hell, anyone that lives on the east coast of this state knows the Weather Channel reporters by first name! And we all get scared a little when Jim Cantore shows up to your town to report.

Guest avid

Weather underground also uses data from amateur weather stations that can give you very localized information.  It's all pretty cool stuff.

I used to bounce around to 4-5 different places but weather underground was consistently more accurate in my area so now that's my only stop unless I'm heading out of town.

Weather underground also uses data from amateur weather stations that can give you very localized information.

When I lived in Rowlett there was a local site on the roof of the house that backed up to the private lake I was fishing... talk about accurate wind and temps. ...lol

Intellicast.com and Weather.com.

AccuWeather (I like this one for the "Wind Gusts", under "More Details")

http://wwwa.accuweather.com/forecast.asp?zipcode=33853&partner=townnews

WeatherBug

http://weather.weatherbug.com/FL/Lake-Wales-weather.html?zcode=z5579

Roger

WEATHER.COM IS THE ONLY ONE I KNEW OF.