Sign in to follow this  
Bassnajr

Problems with Strike King 3/4 oz. Red Eye Shad....

OK...

So the ice is melting and I have a small area I can fish from the bank. Tried one of my new 3/4/ oz. SK Red Eye Shad and the thing is coming back to me on it's side??!! I tried it on a spinning rig and a casting rig and with and without the "O" ring on. Same response. I don't really see how this bait could be "tuned" but ??

Any ideas?????

ajr

I remember having a similar problem with a 1/2 oz. last year.  I think I used pliers to bend the wire that the o-ring attaches to but I can't remember now.  

Last season one of my buddies had the same problem with a 1/2 oz. bait. He just returned it to BPS with no questions asked.

Falcon

Send it and all the other you own to me. I'll fix and maybe return.

Seriously, Strike King baits seem to have a problem with the internal rattles getting stuck to the sides of their baits inside. I contacted their customer service dept and they said there is occasionally a problem with the internal rattles. Give the bait a few good raps on a table or something hard (I used my head) and it just might fix the problem.

Fixed 2 of my Sexy Shad cranks that way. Wrap bait in washrag or towel before you whack it to prevent damage. This is true for any brand bait that doesn't sound like you think it should. Harder to tell with rattle style bait though.

CWB..

I gave it a few good "wacks" no go!! Back to BPS with it I guess. The other one I bought is fine.

Strike King makes some nice products with good pros to back them up and I like the price but, I wish they would put a little more quality into the baits....just my opinion..

Unfortunately with quality the higher prices follow.  If you like the price I believe we have to take a few "odd balls" here and there.  It is no different that with the Rattle Traps, the price looks great but then you put $1-$2 in replacement trebles on them and now you have a $7 lipless bait.

I'm sure they will get you taken care of and send a replacement.

Steve