Sign in to follow this  
Bassnajr

Fishing stained,murkey, DIRTY water..

Heh all,

I am fishing in a fall bass tournament on 10-28-07 and the pond we will be fishing on has visability of about 6"!!! No kidding 6". I can't imagine even bothering with plastic baits, but that's why I am here. This is my first tournament and I don't want to get blanked. Any advice on fishing this kind of water???

Thanks

bassinajr

Fish will hold tighter to structure. You can fish plastics you can put rattle tubes in them I would put them toward the tai. I would use baits with a lot of noise and fish very slowly. Good luck!

baits that make alot of noise and give off ALOT of vibration are going to be key. i would probably start with a buzzbait and move on to things like big colorado bladed spinnerbaits, traps and big crankbaits, give a big rattlin jig a try too. best of luck to ya and hope you do well

Triton9

Why don't you try sending an E-mail to LBH. He is a Rhode Islander like you and will know far more about fishing there than say someone from Kansas.

Why don't you try sending an E-mail to LBH. He is a Rhode Islander like you and will know far more about fishing there than say someone from Kansas.

My thoughts exactly  ;)

I don't think i've ever fished in water that i couldn't see at least 6 feet deep. Sorry.

Bassnjar- we will be down at RWP tomorrow for the PVA finals (Paralyzed veterans).  C'mon down and I'll introduce you to a couple guys that have that place mastered.  literally.  They will be glad to help you out with a few pointers.  I'll be the short guy in all North Face clothing (blk/grey)  I am not fishing and will be based at the boathouse.  C'mon down  :)

We aim to please :)

I hope we get to meet up.  Many of the guys there today fish this particular body upwards of 20-30 times/yr.  Tin2win fishes it a few times a week.  I only fish there once a yr., the CAST fundraiser.  This is also the lake that we hold the actual CAST event at.  It's a public park/zoo (huge) and the water winds through it.  Years of duck feeding (and defecating) have left the place loaded with algae and plankton.  Visibility is extremely low but for some reason, the place holds tons of fish and quite a few in the 3-5 range.  This is DEAD in the heart of the city.  It's like the "central park" or RI.