Sign in to follow this  
paragon

my all time favorite

I got a chance to talk to Hank Parker. It seems a little cheesy but it was pretty cool to meet someone I have been watching since I was a kid. Another person out there to remind me that I'm short.hank-1.jpg

Consider yourself lucky (and short ;D)

One of the all time greats.

Hey man, that is kool.

Keep that picture and when he returns to our area, have him autograph it for you.

I have seen Parker at the old Bassmasters University and he is a great guy. Friendly, knowledgeable and another great ambassador for bass fishing.

I have a Mustad cap with his autograph.

Keep that picture in a safe place.  :)

Well, if it is cheesy, paint me yellow and slice me up! Would like to have a pic of me and him myself. As far as being short, look at it the way that I look at being tall (6'4"). I'm not tall, the rest of the world is short ;)...

skillet

Not cheesy at all. I remember the first time I met Doug Hannon at the outdoor show in Worcester MA. several years ago, the night before I  couldn't sleep. I have a lot of respect for his approach to bass fishing!

Thats really cool! Hanks one of my favorites  :)

I really enjoy Hank Parkers' show. I like his easy-going down home approach. I also find his show educational. Congrats to you on meeting one of your favorites. I don't think that is cheesy at all.

I have heard he is a really approachable guy. Seems really down to earth.

I like his fishing shows, his hunting shows on the other hand.............................

Thanks guys for taking the cheese off. I got yelled at by Ray Scott once driving into a weigh in on lake st. clair for my BASS sticker being crooked on my truck.

I saw you there. I was hoping to meet other members, that's why I wore my BassResource sweatshirt. I figured if any members saw my shirt they would introduce themselves.

I just shook Hank's hand and said hi, but I talked to KVD for about ten minutes, and had him sign my BR shirt.

It was a great night.

Falcon

P.S. Where in S.E. Michigan do you live?

Hank Parker seems to be a true gentlemen and a great ambassador to our sport. Getting your picture taken with him is great! Hank Parker and Jimmy Houston are two guys I'd like to meet and shake hands with. Both use their shows to teach more than promote a product. There's product placement, but not as bad as some of the other shows out there.

hey falcon I thought i saw a bass resource shirt walk by me a couple of times. I live in troy but I grew up at 11 and Jefferson.

i was also there! one of the coolest opportunities to meet them! kvd and hank parker!!! what a day. they were both extremely nice and kvd was giving tips and knowledge out like we were fishing buddies! what other sport can this type of encounter happen?! try getting tom brady to tell you his secrets or even get close enough! just another great thing about our sport!