Sign in to follow this  
CatBassin

Tips, Tricks, and Techniques

I have been searching the web for tips and tricks, that's actually how i found this site, on any thing from tackle box to fishing equipment. I found quite a few but I was just wondering if any of y'all had any. Like I said, anything from tackle boxes, tackle, rigs, equipment, rust prevention, and anything concerned with fishing.

For example: Cut those foam pencil grips in half and place them on a rubber worm for a little extra flotation. Play around with placement to create a different look. A touch of super glue will keep them in place and if only a dot is used they remove fairly easy.

Wow that pencil grip idea sounds like it would actually work! lol

Anyway, search around on this site, look through different, older pages in the forums, and you can learn a lot of stuff!    :);):D ;D >:( :( :o 8-) :-? ::):P :-[ :-X :-/ :-* :'(  

I searched around this page when I first found it and found a lot of useful things. That's what convinced me to join this forum. I usually stay away from forums because of the most of the people, but this one seemed pretty well set.

The grip idea works real great on a shaky head rig around the tail area.

I searched around this page when I first found it and found a lot of useful things. That's what convinced me to join this forum. I usually stay away from forums because of the most of the people, but this one seemed pretty well set.

The grip idea works real great on a shaky head rig around the tail area.

to the forum.

I would suggest using the search feature if your looking for tips on specific thing like "carolina rig" or something.

Thanks for the pencil grip tip, Ive never heard of that.

This forum is a TRICK. Everything/everyone, will help you become a better fisherman. Just use this everyday and we will help you find good equipment and good techniques that will make you a better fisherman.

This forum is a TRICK. Everything/everyone, will help you become a better fisherman. Just use this everyday and we will help you find good equipment and good techniques that will make you a better fisherman.

x2 Exactly.

Welcome to the forums. You will get plenty of Tips and tricks here.

Here's one that I do.

I used to have problems keeping all my little stuff organized in my tackle box. One rough boat ride and everything would be screwed up so I took some cheep foam shelf liner and some spray adhesive and glued the liner inside the lid. I haven't had a problem since.

Sales001-1.jpg

Sales005.jpg

I like that idea fluke. I put magnets in the bottom of my boxes, works good on little bream hooks but not so well if you have plenty in one compartment. I noticed that you had one of those dry moisture packs in your box. I have found that placing a little bit of rice in each compartment will also help inhibit the rust. just don't use instant rice because if it gets just a touch of water it swells quick, lol.

Here's an easy way to switch from texas rig to carolina...sort of:

Move the weight on a texas rig about a foot or so up the line and put a toothpick in the hole and then break off the left over.  Not quite the same as a carolina rig, but kind of the same idea.

Here's one I found out today just thinking and trying. I like to keep little things like split rigs in small plastic zip-lock bags, and didn't know where to find any after i used what I had. So I got to thinking and got my wood burner out and some of my wife's sandwich bags and found out that if I run the wood burner across the bag at a steady speed it would cut it and seal the cut edge together with the heat. Works great for jig heads that come in a bag that doesn't reseal because they're in an open top bag.