Sign in to follow this  
MN Basser

Pressured Presentations

I'm from the great state of 10,000 lakes and probably 10million fishermen. Which means in the metro are (where i fish tournaments) these fish see evey lure day in and day out. My question is, when you need to put fish in the boat, what presentations do you use? I'm going to start fishing much slower and with more finesse techniques like drop shots and so forth.

10 million people in Minnesota?  I thought it was more like 5,000 people and 10 million wolves or other wildlife.

:D

sounds like you already have a gameplan. now throw some shakey heads and senkos in there and let use know.

ya man im with bigtim on this one, and yes slow it up with finesse.

Just because you finesse fish doesn't mean you have to fish it slow. :D

Wacky rig senko, Shakey head (my new favorite bait), strike king bitsy jigs with new baby rage craw when it comes out. try 2'' gulp minnows on 1/8oz or 1/16oz jigheads!

It does to me. Any word defined as "extreme subtlety in action" suggests slow to me.

To be clear, I'm not saying you are wrong. With no "standards" to any method we are welcome to twist things however we want, and therein lies innovation that is often important to success.

For me, finesse means a slow, methodical presentation.  Thats how I work my Snagless Slider Pro Series/Producto 4" Tournament Worms when I'm in a pinch to put fish in the boat.

Try a 3" Yum Dinger or similiar bait with 1/16 oz. Gamakatsu Gopher Mushroom jig with a # 1 hook, this has caught fish for me under the toughest of conditions. This combo has a slow death spiral on the way down that fish can't resist and with the small hook is surprisingly weedless.

T rigging plastics , off a boat dock, where a young lady is sunbathing without a top NOW THATS PRESSURE

hahahaha

It does to me. Any word defined as "extreme subtlety in action" suggests slow to me.

To be clear, I'm not saying you are wrong. With no "standards" to any method we are welcome to twist things however we want, and therein lies innovation that is often important to success.

For me, finesse means a slow, methodical presentation. Thats how I work my Snagless Slider Pro Series/Producto 4" Tournament Worms when I'm in a pinch to put fish in the boat.

I have to agree with Tin. I spend alot of time throwing what most people would consider "finesse" baits. But I fish them much faster than most people. For instance, instead of leaving a shaky head or drop shot sitting in one spot and shaking it, I like to drag them back to the boat much like a carolina rig. I can cover quite a bit of water this way and it is by no means slow.

Splitshot a Zoom super fluke or tiny fluke on 6lb. line using a 6'- 7'

med. light spinning rod.  Use a #2 to #4 Gammy splitshot hook .

Hook the fluke thru the nose, with the point coming out of the head.

Attach a small shot(or two, depending on depth) 12" - 18" above the

hook. Retrieve with short jerks and pauses, letting the bait glide

on a semi-tight line.

Killer on non-aggressive fish!!

GOOD LUCK! :D