Sign in to follow this  
ikefan

any bright ideas on carrying tackle and lures?

hey guys,

when i fish my local lakes i usually wear my chest waders and work my spots all around the lake without get out of the water until i'm done.  i wear a vest with the tackle i need because i don't want to be tied to the shoreline.  unfortunately, this sometimes means i can't bring everything i want to...particularly treble hooked crankbaits...i put some in the plastic boxes rat l traps come in..but don't have enough.  anyone make a small enough tackle box, or have another idea to carry crankbaits in a vest?  

Ive done alot of float tube fishing and always pick a handfull of lures based on the pond/season and put them in a small tupperware type peice. They come in alot of sizes that would fit in the big vest pockets although I put them in my tube zipper pouch.

Theres something to be said for going out with only 6-8 lures and focusing on just what you have at hand. Less distractions than having 300 lures in 10 colors with you. ;-)

Mark

ikefan,

I went to Walmart and found some cool little clip-on boxes that I use when going shore fishing and I don't want a lot of tackle with me. One box Ia have is a small box that clips on my back pocket that will hold several lures. I did a search on Walmart and could not find it but here's another box they have that might help:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10928126

[movedhere] General Bass Fishing Forum [move by] five.bass.limit.

This will sound crazy, but what about a floating cooler?

Like this: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=7757565

what about the old man fishing hat like what they show on tv shows. when the dude has all of the lures hanging off of it.Ha, those are great and classic. ;D

thanks for the replies fellas.  at some point i realized i was carrying my bag with 5 or 6 boxes in it and only throwing a handful on any given trip...stuff that would get me to the bottom, suspend, and get on top.  besides the fact that i had to leave the bag on shore while i went in the water...so i'm into the streamlined tackle.  get to the lake, check the conditions...make my selections and go with it.  anyway, all great ideas..the old man hat would be the stuff..especially with big ol' cranks hanging from it!  but those little boxes are what i'm looking for.  thanks for the help.

a buddy used to wade like that and he just put all his hard baits into a single plano box and slid it in between the waders and his stomach (or back)   He put soft plastics into the wader's own pockets.  (you just have to carry less stuff with you)