airborne_angler

If You Had To Guess The Weight,whats Your Guess?

Caught this at a local pond on a Ultra light X rap.The guy that took the pic guesses its a solid 2.5# fish. Another guy I showed the pic to last night said the fish was at least a 5 lb fish.

My guess...Im thinking at least 3#'s

Whats everyone think? Regardless the fish was SOLID and had a very large head and mouth.

Was photographed and released without any further incident.

post-1759-0-80488600-1307211236_thumb.jp

Your a big dude so its kind of hard with you behind it but my guess would be 2lbs 14oz - 3lbs 06oz. He looks very healthy, That said all bass fisherman should get themselves a scale, its like the Bible of the fishing world and keeps us honest> :D

If I cared about the weight I'd have a scale with me. I guess them as I really don't care, my 5 pounders are probably really only 3........yours is too. As long as your having fun what else really matters?

I'd say you're probably close with your guess of 3lbs. Get a scale so you can erase all doubt next time.

I've never seen a bass with markings like that. Is the light just hitting it funny, or do you catch a lot that are maked up like that?

Great fish regardless of the weight.

Dan

The water is really low at the pond I caught it out of. Theres alot of mud along the bank. Because of this I wasnt able to get right at the water edge to lip it.I had to pull it up through the mud just a little bit,or else I would have sunk probably knee deep. The purple color is the sun hitting the mud.As stated,this fish swam off with no issues,and the mud is likely dissolved by now.

Good enuff for a PHOTO!! What's the markings down it's side?

Big O

www.ragetail.com