Big Cat

Whats Your Favorite Zoom Horny Toad Color?

I have had lots of luck this year on Watermelon Seed and I have a trip tomorrow to a new spot, bought some other colors:

White

Black

Black w/blue legs

Anyone else use these other colors?

My plan is to try Black or Black w/Blue before the sun comes up, however I did catch a 4 lber on Watermelon Seed prior to dawn last time.....

Always trying to increase my catches, any thoughts would be appreciated.

Same as with hollow bodied frogs.

Black, a natural green, and white, in that order.

Same as with hollow bodied frogs.

Black, a natural green, and white, in that order.

So are you saying: black is your preference or black in the early morning, then green and white?

As far as top water frogs go, not really zoom horny toads I use a dark color like black or natural red in the early AM and as the sun starts coming up I use a lighter color such as white or a green. The great thing about watermelon is that it kinda fits both.

I would try the black and black and blue in the morning, then switch to white once the sun comes up.

Sounds like a plan, hopefully I will have some bucket mouths to post pics of

Simplify it by thinking about the conditions. In low light, I stick to white (morning or cloudcover) and black (night). On bright sunny days I will throw a pearl belly/watermelon ribbit frog all day.

There's other toads besides the rage.............

Befor I seen the light I used mostly watermelon when throwing zoom horny toads I usually swam them like a swim bait though they seemed to produce better

I have had luck poping them on the surface, jigging them on the bottom and retrieving like a buzz bait.

So white works in the early morning and black in the evening? I have been stuck on watermelon and my assumption was that i may have better results with other colors, using the same logic as I would with other bait but I didnt consider white in the early morning.

I am very simplistic when it comes to color and I go with what I have confidence in. White has produces more fish in the morning for me than any other color, so I haven't found a reason to change

I like black during low light conditions and bullfrog when the sun gets up a little higher.

So are you saying: black is your preference or black in the early morning, then green and white?

That is my order of preference, regardless of time of day. Black is my go-to color for topwater baits; frogs, toads, and buzzbaits especially. Not just for low light, but even in high sun and clear water.

I like any color of horny toad, as long as it's white :D

Bullfrog........by far. Watermelon Red is a distant second place.

The white/GP one is what I started with 7 years ago and it still works.

Allen

The white/GP one is what I started with 7 years ago and it still works.

Allen

Yup

I really like the frog colored HT. LOL Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Ronnie

I like the watermelon red creme. Not because of the color, but because when zoom made a batch of them, they got air mixed in and that particular batch has air bubbles in it. They either float or sink very, very slowly. I bought all I could find of them. Haven't had much chance for horny toad fishing, but this is the best.