Sign in to follow this  
basskng21

Favorite Worm To Drop Shot

I was wondering what was the best worm to drop shot with?

Roboworm. Hands down.

My favorite is the Netbait Super T-Mac, though I really need to find a super slim 12" worm.

Might look into Upton's worms..

I have had some good success with the Strike King Elaztech 4" worm...I forget the actual name to it.

It floats and has nice action.

Gambler Giggy Stick is a 5" floating worm and I like that to.

There is no "best", they all work. I have caught plenty of fish on just about every worm I have ever used. That list includes Zoom finesse and trick worms, net bait's finesse and t-mac, 4"+6" straight tail roboworms, 4" berkley hand poured finesse worms, berkley slim shaky worms, SK 3x worms, SK kvd worms....and on and on and on. In the rainbow of colors too. No one one worm has caught more or bigger fish to be considered better than the other. Right now I have settled on the SK 3x elaztec worms, because they are boyant and stand out on the hook well, and last forever while catching tons of fish. I caught 100's of fish last year on about a 1/2 a pack of those worms.

I don't drop shot often, but I seem to get the best results when I use Roboworms.

-b

Berkley 4" Power Worm

I don't always dropshot, but when I do, I choose Dos Equis.

Roboworms, Shad Shaped Worm, Gulp! Alive minnows and Leeches, and 4" Powerworms have all caught some trophy smallies for me.

• Like 1

I don't always dropshot, but when I do, I choose Dos Equis.

LOL, good one!

90% of the time on a drop shot, I use a 6" Hologram Shad Roboworm. The rest of the time, I use, Senko's, Tiki worms, and an assortment of craw/ creature baits. Whatever works for you, use it.. :D

X2 on the Strike King elaztech finesse worm. I also use 4.5" roboworms too, but they do not last long...unfortunately. Two of my favorite drop shot baits are a 4" wacky rigged senko and a YUM 2.5" crawbug. Any of these plastics are great on a drop shot, and I guarantee you will catch fish on them.

Strike King colors: green pumpkin, dirt, watermelon seed

roboworms: morning dawn, aarons magic, oxblood red flake

senko: white with silver flake, green pumpkin black flake, watermelon red flake.

crawbug: crawdad, green pumpkin, watermelon red flake, pumpkinseed

I once caught a smallmouth just under 6 pounds drop shotting a 4" Brush Hog. You can drop shot almost anything.

There is no "best", they all work. I have caught plenty of fish on just about every worm I have ever used. That list includes Zoom finesse and trick worms, net bait's finesse and t-mac, 4"+6" straight tail roboworms, 4" berkley hand poured finesse worms, berkley slim shaky worms, SK 3x worms, SK kvd worms....and on and on and on. In the rainbow of colors too. No one one worm has caught more or bigger fish to be considered better than the other. Right now I have settled on the SK 3x elaztec worms, because they are boyant and stand out on the hook well, and last forever while catching tons of fish. I caught 100's of fish last year on about a 1/2 a pack of those worms.

X2 - Robo's are probably one of the most popular; certainly couldn't go wrong with it. My personal favorite is the 4" Diamond Back Worm from Cache Custom Lures.