Sign in to follow this  
Quitlimpin

Ebay--Buying From Japan

I have my eye on a reel from a Japanese seller with really good feedback--shipping is EMS only. Anyone have experiences purchasing from Japan...good or bad? Really hate to drop a couple dimes to see it turn into a costly headache.

I've purchased a few hard and soft baits where the seller was in Japan.

I've had no problems. Clearly, the possibility of needing to return any of these items was minute.

If the feedback is solid, and you don't mind paying the shipping, I say Go for it.

So much of the quality tackle originates there anyway.

Good Luck

A-Jay

I have bought hard baits without issue from there. If you are using PayPal then don't worry about it. They will refund even out of their pocket if anything goes wrong.

My only concern would be if it is a Japanese reel any service issue or part may be hard to come by.

On the positvie side I hear you only catch "GODZILLA" bass with Japanese reels..... I know I know, horrible, but humerous

• Like 3

I have my eye on a reel from a Japanese seller with really good feedback--shipping is EMS only. Anyone have experiences purchasing from Japan...good or bad? Really hate to drop a couple dimes to see it turn into a costly headache.

I deal with a lot of the Japanese sellers on ebay, if you want, pm me his name and I will let you know if I'm famliar with him.

My only concern would be if it is a Japanese reel any service issue or part may be hard to come by.

On the positvie side I hear you only catch "GODZILLA" bass with Japanese reels..... I know I know, horrible, but humerous

Dude - you're not right . . .

A-Jay

Thanks for the responses. I went ahead and jumped on it. My NIB airy red pixy should be here in a few weeks!!

Dude - you're not right . . .

A-Jay

hahaha I know, horrible, right?

On the positvie side I hear you only catch "GODZIRRA" bass with Japanese reels..... I know I know, horrible, but humerous

Fixed

-gk

As long as you're not buying from a nigerian diplomat you should be good.

• Like 1

I buy rods, reels, and lures from a couple jdm shops. Never had an issue. You should be ok, just be warned, it porbably wont be the last item you buy from Japan. :)

I buy rods, reels, and lures from a couple jdm shops. Never had an issue. You should be ok, just be warned, it porbably wont be the last item you buy from Japan. :)

He's right!