bigdawg74

Sufix832 Vs Powerpro

Powep pro 8 seems more round and silky, while I feel 832 is thinner and more waxy feeling. That said, I use 832

I like the PPS8S it is smoother and much more abrasion resistant than the 832.

• Like 1

i have been using 832 in both 6 and 10lb, and in all 3 colors almost since it came out (almost 2 full seasons) and i havent had a single problem with it so far. no problems with abrasion resistance, line strength, smoothness, wind knots, line twist, nothing, it doesnt hold its color all that well, but to me thats not a major thing.

that said i decided to give the 10lb timber brown pps8 a try about a month ago, and it, too, has been great. in fact i caught my PB walleye on it the first trip out (a fat 27" about 7.5lbs) and no problems landing that fish on the weeds. not too much of a difference between the two, imo.

the pps8 is a bit thinner than the 832, at least in the smaller lb tests, the 10lb 832 is .20mm where the pps8 is .15mm, but i dont think it makes a huge difference in casting distance or line visibility.

both great lines, and until something better comes along i will get whichever of the 2 i can get cheaper at the time, they are that close in performance.

• Like 2

I personally use PP however Suffix gets good feedback the majority of the times in this forum, so I think you will be fine with either one.

I'm a Sufix guy. It seems stiff out of the box but if you use some conditioner on it and after your first outing..it softens up real nice. I like power pro too, I just prefer Sufix because that's what I have been using for years. I dont think you can go wrong with either to be honest.

original power pro for me.

x2, never had any issues

I use both. They serve different purposes but I would be happy with either of them.

I prefer the Sufix 832

I used to have probs with original power pro in weights below 50...might have been bad spools, but recently no probs with the 65 and 10 on the spinning gear

I bought suffix once but Im not fond of spending 20 dollars. It works well but turns white pretty fast

I'm a Sufix guy. I use their performance braid rather than the 832, though.

Sufix fades, PP bleeds.