Sign in to follow this  
IntroC

Shakeyhead ???

Plan on doing some shakeyhead fishing this year and was curious to know if you only had one size jighead to use for shakey style fishing what would it be. Remeber just one. Thanks fellers.

Not sure why you would limit your self to one size. Having said that, I probably use 3/16 the most.

It really depends on how deep you will be fishing...  I don't generally fish deep water so I go with 3/16 the most, and 1/4 if I am fishing anything deeper than 10ft.

I you want to go with the lightest weight you can get away with...

I use 3 different sizes at different times, but if I had to choose just one it would most likely be the 3/16oz.

3/16 but sometimes I use 3/8 on baitcast but that is if im using large profile and deep.

1/4

I use 1/4, but why only one shakeyhead?

I use 1/4, but why only one shakeyhead?

I figured it would be a good question to ask to get a general idea of what people are throwing. I will by no means limit myself to one size. Thanks for the replies.

If I could only have one then make it 1/4 oz as it would be better to have a weight more heavy than necessary than a weight not heavy enough to feel.  As expressed by others, finesse worm fishing is a technique best suited for weight fine tuning.

steve

MegaStrike 3/8 oz Pro Series Shak-E2 almost

exclusively. I have been experimenting with

various creature baits including the MegaBug,

and Rage Hawg, but the GYCB 6 1/2" Kut Tail

is a long time favorite! This is also where the

Roboworm shines. Your favorite soft plastic will

probably work just fine, too.

8-)

Forgot to ask, you using Spinning or Baitcast? If you are using spinning I wouldn't go above 1/4 and if your using Baitcast 3/8 is really all you need. You may not need many different sizes but, you may need to use different shakeyheads. I've come to notice that lot of companies have different styles that are basically shakey heads but may have some differences.

Thanks for this thread!  I am looking to try shakey head this year myself.  Good info to know.  Thanks again!

I use 4 sizes, but find 1/4 oz to be the most versitile.

Like most, I use several weights. I would probably go with 1/8 if I had to choose one. It forces me to slow down. Deeper water or a little wind will make a little heavier jig easier to fish, and will allow a faster presentation-sometimes that is a good thing. Buy a bag or two and give them a try; pretty soon you'll have a variety of styles and weights like the rest of us. 8-)