RipSomeLips

Banjo Minnow...do You Remember Them, I Just Tried Them!

I am about the most skeptical person I know, which is actually probably an understatement! So about 15 years or so ago when the Banjo Minnow came out I watched the infomercials with a good chuckle, but was amazed at how bassy I thought the action of the lure was. I of course shrugged it off as "they won't ever get my hard earned money" and steered clear of it, until I happened to see a full banjo minnow 006 110pc kit on ebay late last summer for $13 shipped. I never...NEVER...buy gimmicks like this but wanted to try it for the memories I had of watching the infomercial all those years ago. I did some research on youtube and other forums and found that several people actually had pretty good luck with them, so there my journey began. 

The crazy part was that I don't remember the last time I was so excited to get an item in the mail, but as the delivery date drew closer I could hardly wait. I wanted to see if they were even a small fraction as effective as the infomercial portrays them.

Boom, my first cast in a pond with very low bass levels behind my house, caught a 2lb largemouth. 

I can tell you that after using them for a month last year.....I shockingly feel they are totally legit and would recommend them!

I caught all kinds of largemouth on them when nothing else was working, and I even caught a few 3LB plus catfish and several crappie. In fact, the largest bass I ever caught (just over 6LB) was in some shallow reeds with a weightless banjo minnow this last fall.

I can't wait to try them out again this spring, but have gotta ask the question of BR, has anyone else tried them and had succes???, or was I just extremely lucky the few weeks I fished them before the weather got to cold last year?

Irene, its time for bed..

I am about the most skeptical person I know, which is actually probably an understatement! So about 15 years or so ago when the Banjo Minnow came out I watched the infomercials with a good chuckle, but was amazed at how bassy I thought the action of the lure was. I of course shrugged it off as "they won't ever get my hard earned money" and steered clear of it, until I happened to see a full banjo minnow 006 110pc kit on ebay late last summer for $13 shipped. I never...NEVER...buy gimmicks like this but wanted to try it for the memories I had of watching the infomercial all those years ago. I did some research on youtube and other forums and found that several people actually had pretty good luck with them, so there my journey began.

The crazy part was that I don't remember the last time I was so excited to get an item in the mail, but as the delivery date drew closer I could hardly wait. I wanted to see if they were even a small fraction as effective as the infomercial portrays them.

Boom, my first cast in a pond with very low bass levels behind my house, caught a 2lb largemouth.

I can tell you that after using them for a month last year.....I shockingly feel they are totally legit and would recommend them!

I caught all kinds of largemouth on them when nothing else was working, and I even caught a few 3LB plus catfish and several crappie. In fact, the largest bass I ever caught (just over 6LB) was in some shallow reeds with a weightless banjo minnow this last fall.

I can't wait to try them out again this spring, but have gotta ask the question of BR, has anyone else tried them and had succes???, or was I just extremely lucky the few weeks I fished them before the weather got to cold last year?[/quote

have you tried doug hannons snake lure? or the kicktail? I think you would like the north amercian fishing club, check them out!

I can't wait to try them out again this spring, but have gotta ask the question of BR, has anyone else tried them and had succes???, or was I just extremely lucky the few weeks I fished them before the weather got to cold last year?[/quote

have you tried doug hannons snake lure? or the kicktail? I think you would like the north amercian fishing club, check them out!

I was asking a legit question. Why would you mock me and try to close the only post I have ever started? I may be a new user here but I have read the website for at least a year and just decided to join. I have read every rule about posting I can find at least twice and then you cut me down right off the bat without explanation? What am I missing here?

ame="deaknh03" post="1473399" timestamp="1394345026"]

I was asking a legit question. Why would you mock me and try to close the only post I have ever started? I may be a new user here but I have read the website for at least a year and just decided to join. I have read every rule about posting I can find at least twice and then you cut me down right off the bat without explanation? What am I missing?

OK I made a mistake...just figured it out myself...I thought I searched the entire forums for banjo minnow before posting, but i only did a local search. There are plenty of posts on the subject. I would have appreciated a little bit of kind support from deaknh03 though.I thought it was odd nobody had ever posted on it. I now realize I too should say...

Goodnight Irene.

Well since you already figured that out then I'd suggest you check this link out.

http://www.bassresource.com/bass-fishing-forums/topic/41660-for-us-kc-area-guys-fishing-reports/

Lots and lots of information from around our area from a good group of guys that will give you any information they can give you. Welcome to the forum :)

• Like 1

Well since you already figured that out then I'd suggest you check this link out.

http://www.bassresource.com/bass-fishing-forums/topic/41660-for-us-kc-area-guys-fishing-reports/

Lots and lots of information from around our area from a good group of guys that will live you any information they can give you. Welcome to the forum :)

Thanks. I will check it out now.

Everything thing works some of the time and nothing works all of the time.  If it's working for you I think you should continue using it, maybe I'll try it.

• Like 1

Just got up...

The end.

• Like 1