Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
playmaker47

Favorite Flipping Jig For Wood Cover

Recommended Posts

What's your favorite flippin jig for brush and trees? Brand size color? Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pepperjigs original pepper jig. I prefer the 1/4 or 3/8 ounce in green pumpkin, blue black, or clear water special (a brown orange). I tip with a matching rage or paca chunk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Terry Oldham's Trailer Hitch Jig 3/8 oz #09 Coontail & Rage Tail Lobster Falcon Lake Craw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I typically custom make most of my jigs these days, I use boss gary klein's original, and the boss wood walker... When i buy jigs these days it is typically the boo-ya boo jig... colors range from blk/blu... blk/red... green pumplin/flash of color... watermelon/flash of color... I dont use much brown, not sure why, greens and blacks seem to do great for me... size, i typically start with a 1/4 oz if i am fishing less than 10 ft, then i adjust either up or down accordingly... deeper than 10 ft i typically start with a 3/8 and do the same process...

 

Mitch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dirty Jigs No Jack Flipping Jigs in either 3/8 or 1/2 oz. As far as colors go I'm 99% of the time using some form of green pumpkin, Dirty Chartreuse is a good one. The other 1% is black & blue.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Siebert Outdoors Brush jig

1/2 oz

Blue Craw

Blue Craw Rage Craw

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any *** jig. They walk through brush,trees with no problem!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the Terminator jigs for both their trailer keeper and the weed guard.  I just wish they'd make them with an arkie style head with a horizontal line tie.  That style jig, IMO, is the best for fishing downed timber.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Siebert brush jig or Northstar alien head style jigs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seibert Brush jig n Lobster. But I don't flip jigs in wood much. Usually flip a Tx-rigged Space Monkey, Lobster, or Bug first. Only time i'll pitch a jig to timber, is if I've already dialed in a bite pitching a jig  to rock or weedlines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the 1/2 oz Strike King Hack attack Jig. I'll go up to 3/4 oz if i am fishing in thicker cover.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the booyah boo jigs for a "normal" sized flipping jigs, and the Strike King bitsy flips for a finesse flipping jig. I use both in all kinds of cover.... Wood, grass, docks, etc.... They are cheap, available locally, come in all the colors I need (black and blue, green and brown) and are very effective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Black/Blue Booya flippin jig with a matching Paca Craw (until I get around to ordering some from Siebert)

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1/2 oz. NorthStar Custom Baits Knockout Flippin' Jig in Alimony or Green Pumpkin Candy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't say I have a go to brand as I am a budget fisherman, aka cheap/broke. I like an arkie style head, black and blue(I fish a lot of muddy water) a brown or green variation if the water is cleaner with a big chunk trailer, 1/2oz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I typically custom make most of my jigs these days, I use boss gary klein's original, and the boss wood walker... 

 

Same here! The wood walker is my favorite jig.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I typically toss my Big O Brush Jig. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing forum

    fishing

    fishing rods

    fishing reels

    fishing forum

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×